Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Contributor
Oh boy, superior Nippon cooking styles. Who could have ever guessed it?

i don't know why in that world for centuries someone didn't thought "ah my food taste like shit, i will make it taste better next time"

Contributor
He is a little too honest/direct.

I can see why Ulmander would be pissed of, he kinda rejected the way she lived until now, even if he didn't want to.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, she literally said that there's another great power around them, do they really not have any information / knowledge trickled from the neighbours? It's so bad though, like "I don't know that you can cook a meat" bad, and how does that makes sense? They have a communal kitchen, what are they using that kitchen for then?

Fed-Kun's army
@dantziel
In the past, salt and spices were worth as much or more then gold, for the most part food is a matter of preservation and will it kill you, not will it taste good. taste is a luxury. now, why do they not know blood draining? who knows, its possible that knowledge does not pass on so even if they did know it, when they die its gone. and gi joe said it all the time, knowledge is power and they weren't wrong. would you export knowledge of potential food preservation methods to people who could use it against you? if you made food that tastes good and was easy, would you artificially limit it as to not boost enemy moral?

Supporter
It's said pretty plainly that, for whatever reason, they aren't able to eat meat very often. They don't even have the resources to build personal ovens; presumably they roast whatever they forage as quickly and efficiently as possible to feed as many people as possible.

I think the logic is that, combined with unstable living conditions and short life expectancy, knowledge that isn't used daily (like "how to cook meat") gets forgotten easily over a generation. Without trade, the knowledge doesn't get imported either, unless someone deliberately bring it in like the MC.

Contributor
I like the subverted subversion, "It looks terrible, but actually tastes great even worse than it looks!"

Fed-Kun's army
@4V29LN0n

Nah, she over-reacted but she had a point (but the MC did too.) MC should've framed it better because the way he stated it was basically "Your natural talents aren't needed because x, y, and z are better for this situation." It's true but it was taken poorly (she even stated as such) so it's 100% a framing issue.

Users who are viewing this thread