Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age - Vol. 7 Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
The last question in the Q&A corner in the credit page... Yeah, I've seen a bunch of those before. They are unreadable.
This, though, is not bad as far as machine translation goes.

Dex-chan lover
0hQyd5L.gif

Fed-Kun's army
ah so this is about the r-r-rasputin from ch.48?
i dont know that was a joke translation, but i do know that line makes no sense. and after reading the RAW it all make sense.

using the word as it is and adding "Glory to the Motherland" above it(like what furigana does) would be good, but oh well guess not.

It's not like the scanlations of this title were ever very good to begin with. I think this is perfectly competitive with the rest. The fact alone that your English is clearly fluent makes this a more enjoyable read than what a lot of groups put out.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you sniping when Flaming Slime Scanlations is doing it regularly? (This is rhethorical)

I admit i hate waiting scanlation for updating their project......
But this...... Another level of stupidity

I still don't understand why some people are so salty about "the rasputin" in the last chapter, saying that it changed what was actually written by the author. Dude, official english release also change some things in order to "familiarize" with its reader (like case closed - detective conan, and in this case they change the entire name of all the characters and even the title). Luckily, current official series has toned down its "abomination translation" and mostly stick to the original name. I can understand if they make a change that truly stray off the original language and its meaning, but "the rasputin" itself doesn't change the context of the chapter. But I guess some people never knew the Grand Blue drama on Batoto, now that is something that should not be defended at all

And saying that the TL is shit (see the ch. 48 comments) is..... what? Do you want to make a critic? Give a concrete reason why that was shit, point out what was shit, and if possible, give a correction to that shit. That's a critic, not just saying "what a shit TL"
And for me personally, the team has made a very good effort of improvement on their scanlation since the first time they picked this up

Oof, here's another one. And look! Here come the "bAd sNiPeR, BAD SNIPER" people again.
It's the same usual bullshit. @labanina Thanks for the link, like wow those comments. Better save those because who knows what might happen now that action has actually been done. Too bad just shifting through and reading words without pictures attached and clicking a link is too much for some people on this site. It always pisses me off when people come out of the woodwork to kiss up to scanlators just because they're like junkies hoping their manga fix doesn't get cut off.

@fdmz
"Loyalty to the motherland"
VS
"Ra-ra-ra-rasputin lover of the Russian Queen!"

-the context is a catchphrase that Mitsuha uses to buy interest of ruskie agents, supposedly well-known phrase belonging to the renowned war hero of the USSR
-it could've been just left as is, because that's how it is in raws, but nooo: it had to be discord memes
-it could've found place between 6 bloody credit pages group added to a 22-pages manga chapter,
(making it 21% credit pages chapter)
like other mentally stable groups do with their meme edits and discord circlejerk screenshots, but nooo
-the TL literally HAD to jump around MD comments, griefing and shitposting like it's /b/
-some of them said it's hard work that takes 12+h of only translating (a wanker with one hand stuck under the table would be faster)

I bet you adore "Mr." and "Sir" instead of honorifics in localization too you absolute pleb.

Users who are viewing this thread