Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement - Vol. 8 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
Why does this end on the same page as the "(part one)" version?

Contributor
@feha Cause of this comment:

kLkEC3d.png

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 I am prolly just tired and skimmed it too hard, but I don't see how that comment relates to this (non-part) version seemingly covering only the same pages as the split version (which only is the first part)

I do have to agree that I found that "karen" translation as really annoying, especially as I know that is not what the author had written (unless the wn-translator took huge liberties)

Group Leader
labanina has seemed to have blocked me so can someone @ him and tell this to him.

"Could you please refrain. We didn't think of Karen as a meme and more of a term. We tried to keep the memes out. We weren't trying to shitpost. I already planned on posting the updated version on Sep 17 US Central Time. I don't want to do another drama. I just wanted it to seem more friendly to the reader. I thought most people could understand it."

@feha makes sense since next RAW would be on 09/25, updated it as 52.1
huge liberties
ででもおかしな客が来て絡まれたりとか...
おかしな客
Funny (in the head) customer, Karen is a shitty localized ancient meme on the level of soccer mom.
@Liver eh, "her debut" "she was a debutante", potato potato to me, but thanks for feedback
Fwaifuxsenpai.
don't bother, you're blocked

Dex-chan lover
I also prefer to not have a slang laden chapter. Thank you.

Also typo, gas stove << gast stove.

Didn't check the rest because I read the raws to just be sure

Fed-Kun's army
"educated" "internet slang" what next should be a degree in "internet slang"

and not all Weird consumer(おかしな客) is a Karen

i am of the school that meme's should always be under the release and unless there is a BAD MTL of a word then locilased insults like Karen could be scrubbed or at least noted at the bottom like i have seen with other TL notes however i wont complain about either way since i didnt put the work to TL clean or redraw so long as i can under stand it well enough then its good in my book. and most Releases on MD are loads better than i have seen else where.

Dex-chan lover
Although this is a LQ release, not that i mind, cause Princess and Mitsuha removes all of negative effects of LQ just by how cute and common sense breaker they were

Aggregator gang
nice, non meme translation, thanks for the scans labanina

Fed-Kun's army
Both translators have slightly different styles of translations and we have options to choose from. I say it's a win win situation.
On that note thanks both groups for translating!

Dex-chan lover
One thing I don't understand is why both version translate her title as Baroness when she should be a Viscountess no? Her fief is a viscounty, so she has to be a Viscountess, not a Baroness, so unless it's a blunder from the author why is it translated like this?

Users who are viewing this thread