Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Zum
I dunno. Just don't understand why they'd basically hand money over to profit-centered aggregators. I guess I think it's hypocritical especially when the scanlator scene is supposed to be all about supporting the official source...which is what we'd be able to do more of if we did go legit (of which, there's an extremely slim chance of that happening anyway) so I don't understand the mentality.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Solistia I think in reality, the majority of groups have similar opinion to you.

It's just the vocal minority (who care too much about how much ad revenue their sites are no longer generating because they're losing readers) kicking a fuss.

Group Leader
Accomodating scanlators who want to pull out or use delays is something that mangadex was designed for, but shitposting about it seems more like a "I'm pissed, fuck you," than anything related to donations or mangadex policies. The scanlation haters mentioned are obviously not affiliated with mangadex, but they obviously use it; so it's a fair "fuck you" message. I doubt there's any sort of monetary or donation reason for this, because all it does is make people go to kissmanga, or get your series sniped.

Seriously please give the Discord Server Scanlation Union [DSSU] a try. I think it would help all the teams create a place outside of MD. A Discord Server where all the main bois of the scanlation groups can announce their releases. You don't even need to let us talk. Literally just a server for Releases. That would be seriously great.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
mangadex_group_donations.jpg

"But we're standing up the big guy! Not all like we do this for profit and MD was cutting into our profit margins!"

All you groups that are leaving are acting like grade-schoolers, "I'm taking my ball and going home!", this is basically a child's tantrum. Good work being loyal to your readers.

Group Leader
@holo If that's the case, and they want ad revenue from their site, just don't upload to manga dex. It's that simple. It's not some kind of conspiracy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not every scanlator wants to upload to an aggregate, even one that's scanlator-friendly. It's fine guys.
All the other scanlators I'm talking to about all this "drama" are just having a riot over this fuss, they agree with MD's side as well XD (including one large conglomerate group of fantasy isekai shoujo/josei scanlators).

As long as MD gives us ample to time to sort our own series out between announcing that your going legit and the day legitness drops, I see no issue.

I'ma just sit here and eat my popcorn for now, cause this shit is hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't this only about ad revenue? People don't really enjoy having to go to many sites to find new releases and would most likely just switch back to pirate sites if they no longer have an easy way to read.

Dex-chan lover
signing of a thing based on comments with a lack of context and can easily be interpreted in a way not in line with how it was presented and has been stated openly. I have no respect for these groups now.

This stuff is the reason why sites that are filled with malware and pop ups continue to dominate the manga/scanlation scene

Dex-chan lover
Signed by JB and champion which both have 2 week delay here?
What a joke...

Edit: Also if md was truly evil they would immediately nuke it. It is good to see the real face of some scanlation groups

@Zephyrus
I dont follow all the this fiasco drama and surely dont know all the detail, but from what i know from all of this is the scanlator teams might be just feeling underappreciated, and feeling betrayed because MD mod isnt on their side.
Just so you know that i, and im sure most manga reader really appreciate scanlator, but most of us rarely give any comment. Maybe from the total view, only 10% of reader ever comment on the manga. And in case of the delayed upload, mostly only toxic readers that come, out of anger then make things unbearable for scanlator.
I just want you all to know that the rest 90% of us who didnt comment, surely love and support scanlator. But not all of us show it, im sure most of them doesnt even know there is this kind of drama happened.

@Zephyrus

"But we're standing up the big guy! Not all like we do this for profit and MD was cutting into our profit margins!"

If it were about money, then staying on MDex while having a 1 day - 1 week delay would be the obvious solution. Since it keeps them in touch with the large community on mangadex, for donations. And helps route more traffic to their site.

In fact, traffic will decrease pulling off of MDex.

But I suppose that requires a bit more analytical thinking, and less trying to 1 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread