Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're all okay with having scanlators scanlating manga, uploading it to an aggregate site like MD, and asking for nothing in return? So basically, just remove their site and just work on MD forever like a sweatshop slave. They don't need donations if you don't have a website. They don't need money if they're just working as a slave.

Aggregator gang
Good fucking riddance honestly.
While I admit, Jamal's Bukkake provides good scans and TLs, I won't miss them. The two week delays, their bitcoin mining website, their fanboys shitting up comments whenever something got sniped, I'm glad they won't plague my eyesight anymore. I'll just keep reading them on mangarock in slightly worse quality if needed. And other groups sound like literal whos.

As for Mangadex going commercial, eh. It'd suck for sure, I'm not gonna pay for sure.
But when it comes to worst, I expect same thing to happen that happened with Crunchyroll - people will steal their stuff, share it via torrents, and maybe we'll have a nice app that checks nyaa for new uploads of mangas you follow.
If you're against piracy, then well, good luck kiddo.

lol what a bunch of petty shit from drama loving TLs. The dumb delays, awful self sites, begging for donations to do something thats illegal, crying about snipes if its by anyone smaller than you. Oh boohoo, you'll definitely teach MD good with this move, now people will just use other agg sites that rip your scans and continue with MD for the other shit by people who aren't giant babies.

Dex-chan lover
Again this shit?
2019 and groups still whining about "rights"?

Group Leader
I wonder why...

8KhSgDI.jpg

lmao

Dex-chan lover
:armoring up adblockers: Welp, back to K***manga, I guess. Thanks guys.

Good riddance. 🤣
Especially to champion shitscans.

Dex-chan lover
@aviskai MD itself doesn't make money by ads and whatnots, that's the difference between them and the MR type aggregators. So the scanlators in question doesn't and never worked for MD at all.

Group Leader
@aviskai No one is being forced to work for mangadex, people post here because it's an easy way to host scanlations for free. Doing work while asking for nothing in return is basically scanlation in general, even people who ask for donations a lot of the time only make enough to cover server costs and buy raws.

Contributor
I just scanlate for fun (and the story)... Well, donations do sound nice, but that should not really be the focus, no?

Group Leader
Someone give me a crayon to sign this please. Since they're all obviously a kindergartener, I doubt they'll accept anything than crayons. Lol.

Group Leader
@Miriable Too bad Kiss sites force you to disable your adblocker or else you're banned from the site for several days 8D

Custom title
Staff
Developer
This talk about going legit hasn't been a secret to my knowledge, nor is the fact that I would just leave and turn anti-MangaDex the moment it would be actually attempted.

I have no plans to leave.

Dex-chan lover
Now I think that it was those scanlators doing the DDOS attack

Cae

Free market and whatnot, there's no need to push a smear campaign

Group Leader
@Anonymous Sign me the fuck up. I've been waiting for groups to wake up and realise that MD doesn't give two shits about them.

P.S. My DMs are open for any group that wants to leave MD and create its own site. I can help you set one up.

RIP, well back to Kissmanga for now... JK best to avoid that cos groups hate it, but it was nice using kiss, now i guess I'll be using MD less now. I'm already in most of the affiliated discords, just joined 2 more cos I thought I might as well.

So lemme get this straight.
Pull out of the only site not riddled with adds and assorted shady shit.
Claim it's about money.
Scramble to make patreons.

Have fun getting your stuff ripped by all the usual shitty websites I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread