Scary Campus College University - Vol. 7 Ch. 58 - Who

Dex-chan lover
Red flags, I hope it's just in my imagination.

Thank you for translations!

Dex-chan lover
Its ok Fujimiya, you're better than special. You got someone special! Maybe lol

Dex-chan lover
Wait I know that Kizaki initially wanted people to take the drugs in order for all these ghosts to appear but wasn't the one to introduce Fujimiya the drugs. Is the author implying that story won't end in this arc & that the random person that gave Fujimiya the drugs will be next? I might be overthinking so let me know if I missed something. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translations as always and happy Halloween!!
It's amazing just how "immune" Fujimiya is to ghosts that even the drugs don't work on him. That alone can make him special, I think.
I was thinking, if he loves ghosts so much, he can probably be a folklore researcher/professor like Kizaki (with less actual horror, so something like Takatsuki from Associate Professor Akira Takatsuki's Conjecture. It can be dangerous in this world but he's so immune to it, he'd probably be fine). But reading this chapter...he might not love ghosts that much, he just wants to have something, to be "special", to not be "blank" - and that's not uncommon.
It was Chigarashi who wanted someone special to find her, but perhaps the one who got it is Fujimiya instead. :)

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like that half phrase it's kind of scary. I think he hates her maybe.

Double-page supporter
Fujimiya may have been a ghost all along. But not realize that fact.

Dex-chan lover
Mahina extending a helping hand.

But what Fujimya said here opens a problem... he said someone gave him the drug and he showed Kizaki, this means the source of the drug was from outside and unknown, this problem just got bigger.

seems like Fujimiya is just someone with pure Yang energy, which make ghost doesn’t want to show themselves to him lol.

even drug isn’t effective at all
That is an interesting way of putting it, I agree, which means that in reality he does have a talent a pretty strong one.
If they could harness his energy or if he learned to control it, he could very well become a strong talisman against hauntings, I know a lot of people here would give an arm and a leg to have that talent.

Dex-chan lover
The writing is just... wow. Multiple people have died and the arc ends like this? First Kizaki gave up on his goals too easily and now Fujimiya motivations is revealed to be incredibly dumb.
I understand your point but it isn't the end of the arc really, she just got Fujimya, and they still need to deal with the ghosts.

It has been said too that this specific college is kinda a supernatural hotspot, a big one, to the point where reality is being rewritten and people don't notice, so people have been dying left and center for quite some time and that is the place affecting things, so there at least that explanation.

And... yeah, the writing on this series has been wonky, I won't entirely defend it but at this point, it is part of the ride and kinda of the charm of the story too.

Dex-chan lover
Binged this and really liked it! Not everyone likes the fights and superpowers I guess? I really hope the mentor isn't the big bad guy.

Dex-chan lover
He's either gonna die, or turn Evil, try to kill her, then die.

You don't just end a Chapter with "That's why I... I..."

Smh
Maybe
he can't see ghosts because he repels them or instantly exorcises/vaporizes them without realizing. I think it's a possibility that he walks out and ends the crisis.
Maybe that's why Kizaki wants Fujimiya to go to where he is, and why he told Fujimiya to just stop going to the class.

Edited: added spoiler tags, since my guess turned out to be correct =)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekn
Dex-chan lover
As cliche as it may have seemed, I'm fairly satisfied with this. The focus of this series was never really the horror. It was front and center, sure, but almost everything was connected or represented some aspect of a college student's life. And the fear that Fujimiya felt, that he was completely unqualified for his dream "profession" and had nothing to show for it, is incredibly real.

Users who are viewing this thread