Scary Campus College University - Vol. 8 Ch. 65 - Home Drinking

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was a twist... So Nene is a replaced/imaginary person? How can she interact closely with powerful psychics like Makube without them noticing anything?
Luckily, these and many other questions will be left unanswered

Dex-chan lover
what you want is vengeance as you think the people killed were wronged but then comes the question of morality in the sense you cannot attribute the moral qualities of a human to a supernatural creature...
I mean, in that same arc it was explicitly said that for anyone that dies, another person that had died is brought back to life randomly so factually nothing serious happened since anyone who died ended up undoing someone else's death.

Re BDM: that's not really a satisfactory answer. I mean, let's say that a human killer kills a human victim such that the killer is undeniably guilty of murder, a moral crime (provided that you accept the existence and significance of such things).
  • If someone unrelated to the killer then resurrects someone unrelated to the victim, does that expunge the crime?
  • But what if the killer themselves resurrects someone unrelated to the victim? Does that expunge it?
  • And what if the killer resurrects the actual victim? Did the crime then not happen in the first place?
I would say that the most useful answer to all three above questions is "no". Whatever cosmic rebalancing the resurrections might accomplish on the grand scale of things, they don't undo the murder or erase the killer's moral culpability down here on the much smaller scale of individual human action and consequence.

That's why I found Makube & Illko's handling of Kaoru's crimes in the festival arc rather unsettling. I understand that Makube's role restricts his ability to respond at will as a small-scale "agent of moral justice" (or w/e). But his total lack of concern about Kaoru's human-on-human crimes nevertheless felt very strange to me. And that goes double for Illko, whose responses don't seem to be restricted in the manner of Makube's. In fact, she's not unlike a cop. Of some weird kind. Maybe.

Dex-chan lover
Anyway, fuck this cancellation. I serious loved this series and was always thrilled to see it in my "latest release" searches. Fucking Illuminati, man. It's babypizzagate all over again 👶🍕⛩️

Hmm, I wonder if the series had continued, would we have gotten a story on how Nene originally died?

Knowing this ends in 3 chapters because it was canceled feels like a massive buzzkill after this chapter.
I wouldn't have any issues if it ended with the school festival as that felt like a logical climax but then it decided to continue and set up a bunch of things that will now be abandoned

Double-page supporter
Some people are a bit confused about the thing with Nene so let me explain: according to Kizaki-sensei, when a student dies due supernatural reasons, a dead person replaces them as to not raise suspicions and keep the number of current alumni the same.

Now this chapter implies that Nene died sometime in the 90s and has replaced another person at the beginning of the course; what's the reason of Chigarashi's tears then, if that means Nene just revived? Because according to Kizaki's theory, this phenomenon only works with in the campus to keep appearances so once they graduate, Nene is going to die again.

Because according to Kizaki's theory, this phenomenon only works with in the campus to keep appearances so once they graduate, Nene is going to die again.
Ah, I got the part about people being revived, but missed that it only stayed in place while they were on the Campus. I thought once they were back, they were back, no strings attached.

Double-page supporter
Even the crazy cannibal girl peaced out from the party after that...

But that aside, this makes me quite sad that this series was cancelled. It had a phenomenal start, and even throughout the run it was still great. Only the festival arc was a bit on the weak side. It's really a shame. It is quite unique and had a lot of potential. I don't know when I'll be able to find something like this again...

Dex-chan lover
Oh god... this story is full of scary things. Firstly, what is Maiko? And how did she even end up in college? Poor Aizawa and Minase were right to run away from this.

But the scarier thing is, there was no Suoh Printing anymore. So... what is Nene? Was her past fake? How did the college manipulate reality so that there was a Suoh Printing Services again?

Well, Makube got to see Iruko in a Santa outfit. So at least his Christmas is going well.

Contributor
Wow, there's Aizawa, a landmine girl among Mahina's acquaintances. And that sick breakdancing girl Minase who had the misfortune of getting her breasts briefly exposed actually returned as a character. Makio takes the cake for looking like a ghost with those eyes, having actually creepy home rules rituals and an even creepier dad. Insanely so.

What was that look of concern from Mahina after seeing Nene's house? :worry:

Suoh Printing Services
Closed
Gone out of business in 1992
Oh, no no NO. Don't do this to us. I don't like the implication of this. :notlikethis:

The sun goes down... I feel the light betray me♪

Users who are viewing this thread