Season of Alabaster - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Spring that comes around

Dex-chan lover
Well, I think I take these stories too seriously sometimes, because to be honest, I'm quite happy and feel fine about this ending, knowing Sakura sensei is fine (tendonitis can be a true pain in the ass and take a long time to heal properly though), that everyone grew substantially over the course of the story, that the club is in nice hands, that Gin and Sakura's relationship will flourish, that Maki really is into older man (the "Rinnosuke" got me, thar developed fast!).

I don't mind that drama was put aside, the story is mostly from Gin's perspective, and to him (and us up until this chapter) it was all very real, and sometimes in life things are like this, there may be a situation where it feels like the world is going to end, and after some time and getting in touch we things as they are you see that it isn't all that. And sometimes things just happen and tragedy strikes, someone gets really sick, or hurt, or dies, or you see that you've been caught in a scheme, or that something really important was just a lie, or due to something outside your control your life is turned upside down. I honestly feel like I've had enough tragedy on my real life, and it makes me really happy to see this sense of danger and later relief being portrayed in a story like this. The true tragedy would've been if Gin actually got hit by that truck there near the end, that shit happens people, so Yukari you're the mvp, besides the awesome growth you displayed in this series, great job there, even with great reincarnation potential I think Gin would've been dearly missed by everyone else so much it wouldn't worth it (it'd be funny to see that joke realized though).

I think the situation with Maki and the teacher, in retrospect, was blown a bit out of proportion, she was doing compensated dating, which is essentially prostitution, with her teacher, who's a figure of authority, whose history we didn't know, who felt like an asshole due to his attitude, and you can't say he wasn't taking advantage of her. Saying this though, in no way I mean to shift the blame on her, absolve the teacher of culpability and responsability or anything of the sort, but we didn't dive deeply into either of their perspectives to really understand what was happening between them. And in the end, it wasn't a prostitution ring, apparently she wasn't being blackmailed (thank god), and it was resolved thanks to other authority figures who besides worrying about the status quo and reputation of the school, apparently genuinely cared about Maki's wellbeing and took action (props there to Rinnosuke, no wonder she took a liking to him, and the principal, if I remember correctly). Does this mean that this wasn't a (or the) factor that may have resulted in this series being axed (if that was the case), not really, this is just my opinion, and one written without re-reading those chapters as well.

As always, thank you very so much for the scanlation Princess Daphie, this series was quite the ride, and I'm very happy, really eager to see what else this author comes up with next too.

Also, this chapter makes the paint can fumble in retrospect so funny though, man what a relief!

Dex-chan lover
What happened to the compensated dating? Did that teacher get fired/arrested? That chapter was the first I checked from this series and noped out of here.

Dex-chan lover
Called it she the blindness thing was just bait

Also get that lame swimsuit off half the manga was them trying to justify nude modeling the sensei, free the titty for the rest of the students!

Dex-chan lover
happy with the result, but a little disappointed with the way that it happened.
I'm still glad I got to read this though.

Fed-Kun's army
Insomnia after school is probably one of the best high school romance i've read and this ending might have let people down
the last chapter
is pretty open to interpretation, basically, the ending is a '' let meet up 10 (?) years after the high school graduation" with all the cast and it's pretty heavily hinted that the main couple isn't a couple anymore
But at the same time, main female character is still alive ( and unlike in alabaster, she was sick for real with a real heart condition who did interfer with her life and matter with the plot till the end) and that's the most important thing to me
''unhappy'' ending doesn't mean ''bad'' ending for me
anyway, thanks for your hard work daphie but i hate do say that i really disliked the ending, but i'm glad we get closure on this title.
this is what you get when you get baited by every single manga about art since i felt into '' blue period''
It's not about being "unhappy" ending, it seemed just a bit rushed. I love it, it's one of my favorites together with Kaguya-sama. Also I loved the other works of hers, like Fujiyama-san and Chion-san and the cat temple, so considering those two and how good this manga was I hoped for a better ending. Not necessarily happy.

Contributor
Retconning the blindness honestly sours the taste of this otherwise enjoyable manga

Group Leader
That was a very cute and saucy little romcom, I loved it, although I’m admittedly bemused by how the series breezed over the statutory rape and prostitution of a teenaged girl by a presumably far older man.
I do get that the author's intent was to have a totally predatory sexual relationship between an adult and a minor inorder to contrast with the idealistic one that the main couple have, but I guess there’s not a great deal of page space for hard drama in a lighthearted sex comedy.

Anyway, thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
It's been some days and I still don't know what to feel about this. For once, the wrap up is nice. In the other hand, the interesting topics are cut and a series with potential is wasted. It's a pity when the author was playing kindly enough to the fanservice starved audience but still didn't got traction probably because they presented uncomfortable topics. Lately it looks the only mangas that get play in this vein are the cushy harems and romances with waifus tailored to the milimeter, Sakura was an interesting oddball fmc I wish we knew more about. Oh well.

Thanks to the team for translating this one.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this :hearts:
Takatsu Makoto-sensei should do vanilla hentai :qq:

Users who are viewing this thread