Seems like the best way for me to get good manga at this point is to use the horror, tragedy, psychological tag. Any suggestions?

Tbh the manga I like best from these tags aren't focused solely on any of them - usually its adventure, romance, thillers, mystery. But I've found that the ones I truely enjoy have the other tags as well. Any suggestions on how to maximize finding good stuff?

Recently found Reiri and My Home Hero like this.

Dex-chan lover
Sorting by rating usually puts the better stuff at the top.

You can always create a thread in this forum asking for recommendations of varying specificity tho.

Dex-chan lover
There are series that are collections of one-shots from many authors. If you like a certain author's story you could check if there are other works by them.
Sorting by rating is usually okay, but there's a lot of uninspired Isekai and Ecchi shit at the top. There are lots of hidden ~7 rated gems you won't find this way.
I don't think there's a way to search for compilations though. Maybe quick searching for 'anthology'

Recently I had a trip down the rabbit hole that started with this
https://mangadex.org/title/24586/comics-underground-japan
Followed by me checking out works from Hideshi Hino to another horror story anthology and so forth...

Oh yeah, I also found a lot of great series by stalking the MDlists of users who comment on series I like.

Award-winning tags sometimes work, as long as you're new to mangas. What I do is: follow translation groups that I like and look out for their projects, recommendations, and collabs with other groups.

Start with: Hox, Illuminati, Lovely Strange Dark, etc. Join their discord too.

Users who are viewing this thread