Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.4 - Another Saintess Part 4

Dex-chan lover
Wait does this mean the translations will stop here??

The king explained a little that he cant openly oppose his son bc it'll look like he's favoring the second prince+faction, but seriously knock this dumbass off his high horse and knock in some facts

she is so weak...
letting an imcopetent person become a King may bring a new CoronaVirus crisis to the other world.

Dex-chan lover
TL;DR, Don't just follow someone who looked handsome, beautiful people. They may not be so much on the inside in the long run.

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13: I didn't have any problems with the release schedules of private people, doing scanlations in their free time and if they take longer or do it quicker. I just pointed out, that many scanlators prove, that it is absolutely possible to release professional looking translations a much shorter, than professional publishers do it. Fanicorn Scamlations has been picking up at an impressing pace. So, why should I have cared, that the manga translation is behind in first place? it's beside the my point, which is: A professional publisher is picking up the manga and delays its releases, seemingly to that publisher's own disadvantage. And yepp, I didn't look too deep into the background of that matter, as the fault I see is seemingly to glaringly obvious. Why buy the rights to a currently popular series, if you let that advantage of the series die down? Now, as for Ichigo69's offered explanation, that 7 Seas is a small publisher...

@Ichigo69: If there really isn't a way for them to do it faster (mainly because of money), their is, well, no way helping it. I don't know about their inner structure. (I'm not buying any "It's the translation that takes most time"-argument in mangas, though.) Even though I do get the argument about them being at their max working capacity (money and printing wise), I still don't get, why they don't give newly acquired titles a bit priority. So, yeah, they bought the rights to the series, they are interested in, even though they don't have the capacities. I guess that's so, no one else snatches it away and to stop free fan-releases. Okay, fair enough. Yet they'll lose out on many of the current reader. (Those willing to buy a printed version anyways.) To cover this they could consider setting aside a bit of workforce and resources to release the latest volume (the one, that contains chapters 17-20.2) in a smaller print additionally beside Vol 1.
I personally don't care that much to read the next chapter soon or ever, but it seems to be a bad approach to let things cool down for so long. They have to rebuild a circle of readers on their own instead of tabbing into an existing pool. They have to translate the later volumes later anyways and can reprint them, when the old chapters manage to catch up. (Always assuming the newest releases would sell well enough, which I do believe they might. You'd also give those readers a good reason to to buy the older chapters, too: If they bought a volume, they might want to complete their collection starting with vol 1 as their second bought vol.) In short, they should earn more money, by rethinking their release schedule. If they don't want to or simply can't, they'll squander a bit of possible profit IMHO.

@Eberose and @Koin: I guess, that's what they wanted to announce. If nobody else risks an C'n'D, that's that. Nevertheless I also believe, it wouldn't be uploaded on mangadex anyway for the same reason.

Dex-chan lover
Really, she isn't even making an effort to do what she wants... that's beyond depending on someone, it has a psychological term, but I can't remember it, hope they take her away from him, before that becomes a permanent mentality

Dex-chan lover
How can she blindly depend on the prince but immediately reject the idea someone else might try to help her. He may have been the first person to help her but she clearly knows not everything he does is helping her even if he's got her best interest at heart, kinda. He honestly just picked her for her looks and ignored the real priestess, I hope the public finds out and the second prince becomes the heir.

Now for some reason, I felt a little triggered with this reveal. Because as someone who experienced what it's like to leave a country and start anew, the first feeling you get is fear. You actually don't really know who to trust when you try adjusting to the new landscape.
That said, girls like Airi, especially since she's still very young, will not only feel out of place; she really has no one to fall back to.
So the first thing she would do is really cling onto the first person who showed her kindness. My family experienced something similar, where this couple posed as "good friends" and trying to "help" us in adjusting to the new landscape. But then they were very manipulative and eventually backstabbed us by lying to other people how my parents were liars. That way, the couple kept us within their reach while trying to keep us away from everyone else.
The idiot prince somehow triggered me because it was almost just as manipulative as our first hand experience.
So more than sympathy, I actually feel like the criticism that Airi receive is far from warranted. The girl needs to be removed from the prince's hands before real damage is done.

Let’s be honest. Although Aria has legitimate reason to cling to the first safe haven she felt, she knew what she was doing was wrong. She enclosed herself in her bubble.

I vote the king and royalty and mage shits who summoned them be punished accordingly. Like srsly.

The problem stems from the entire concept of a 'Saintess'. They forcibly KIDNAP another woman from a different world and expect her to do everything for them. They expect her to fix their problems, heal them, do everything! They're expecting them to be like obedient subjects and follow orders. It's ridiculous how entitled they are acting.

It's not just the prince. It's the whole world. And it sort of feels like they're manipulating Sei as well. They didn't let her leave initially and they surrounded her with her interests which benefitted them. Then a knight in literal shining armor came in and she has another reason to stick around.

Will you guys still continue translating even after it got licensed? thanks for all your hard work

Dex-chan lover
but eh, the Saintess is not must from another world tho? It's just this era is a special case
the first (i think) saintess is from the county where they import the herbs
the king and his aides in my opinion is very respectful towards the ladies they 'kidnapped'
it's just the first prince kinda... like that

Users who are viewing this thread