Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai: Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Chappi

Fed-Kun's army
Well, I’m a bit sad that it looks like the story is going the good ol’ “humans bad, everything else good” and powerful non-MC characters = evil and vain route, but it was executed relatively well and the artist REALLY went hard this chapter. Pretty exciting read, I think the path the story will take is pretty set, so hopefully the author does a good job developing more depth to the situation. I believe!

@sarshi

No, let's just say author pulls one of the obvious/over-used shounen troupe in chapter 10.

Here is one of the dialogue from the chapter 10 raw
われらの死とは人間と近い魔素が消滅し完全に塵になる事。そして貴様のスキルはそれを妨げ固定化する。つまり。。。

Dex-chan lover
boss music started playing in my playlist when Noah confronted the S(hit) rank adventures. Talk about Kino.

I hope they don't cheapen Chappi's sacrifice by resurrecting or healing him. I don't care about him joking with the dragon about crushing their insides and using heal afterwards, but no resurrection magic please.

@FloppyFlapFlapFlop don't read before chapter 10
Basically, what I understood from the raw(again, my Japanese knowledge is very very VERY limited) is that, if you want to take out the summoned monster you'll have to kill the hero (or demon lord) first. Besides, it's a pretty common troupe in shounen manga (someone gets resurrected/nobles are evil/etc etc)

@killua99
Thanks for the heads up.
I know about the trope-ness of similar incidents and that's why I hope this one will be different. If you got the part about summoner and the summoned monsters right, it's somewhat more plausible than the priestess/cleric from the cover joining the party and resurrecting him. Thanks again for even looking at the Japanese source material

Double-page supporter
The action scenes for this mango and how the MC can flip a switch into being badass makes this mango great.

This is stupid. Monsters are killed every day. From the perspective of the heroes they are just doing their job to protect the village and others.

Contributor
I understand where he's coming from, but our boy needs to chill a bit and recognize the misunderstanding here.

It's not like he himself doesn't chew up monsters for breakfast. Really.

But I guess introspection hasn't been his strong point from the start.

Fed-Kun's army
My name iis edgelord, @pokari i get you but i wouldnt give a fuck about that forgive someone because he didnt know, even if their action are logical, why should he give a f about that

Contributor
@sakaay:

For the sake of the argument: Because killing people without good reason is bad? A prerequisite of a relatively happy society, where people aren't in fear of their life all the time, is that one won't get summarily executed when doing something rationally and in (relatively) good faith, which just happens to have horrible consequences one couldn't have envisioned.

(One could counter-argue that the protagonist has abandoned society and so just needn't give a hoot as to what sort of world it would be if everyone acted like he did, because he is so stronk (and edgy). A very "might makes right" sort of affair, not my personal preference.)

But honestly, I'm just saying he's a giant hypocrite.

Like I said, though, it's not like I don't understand where he's coming from.

Fed-Kun's army
@pokari the thing is that isn't our human world,in a fantasy settings i would value monster life equal to any human or more,the fact that those people kill anything in sight that isn't human to lvl up skin them eat them slave them let's not forget the fact these people are so strong they don't need to kill

there is no good society in any of those worlds unless all races are equal no one abuse his power because op character that equal a nation military force ect people that get away with horrible things shielded by kings/noble/guild ,because they have power and no one can stop them anyway exist,yeah if you think about it it's hypocrite but it's not a bad thing here

you killed my friend because you thought he was a monster that was gonna kill these kids i totally get you dude no probleme it's fine your bad but hey you didn't know it was a good monster or give anything a chance because you are so used to farming anything that isn't human(add bandit) i can't see just forgiving them an option +he wasn't really thinkings

truth is i like it that he takes the monster side in every fantasy human kill anything that move and enslave themself even though it's all about his taming skill

Contributor
@sakaay:

I mean, if we're going to talk about enlightened morals, the protagonist enslaving everything in sight is clearly crossing some big fat red lines... To speak of the right of every sentient being to live (...until that right is forfeited, I guess the argument goes?) is one thing, but what of their right to free will? (The fact that his appears to be a charm-type enslavement doesn't really make it better; that would be like force-feeding someone opium and then going, "look, they're happy, I haven't done anything bad to them!")

More fundamentally, though, the scene that unfolded, wherein the beloved sidekick was (temporarily) offed, would have looked very much to our now-zombie bloke like the monsters were attacking the village (and indeed it was interpreted as such)—not just a matter of fantasy-world racism-judgement because they are normally in a state of perpetual war with each other or some such. It's really hard to say "they deserved it" (on that count, anyway) from an objective view of what they would have thought was going on, even if the end-result was tragic and enraging.

Users who are viewing this thread