Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai: Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita - Vol. 11 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
This is actually an okay ending imo, not great and not really what i prefer, but its better than lots i've seen.

Dex-chan lover
Left this one alone for almost a year, and looking back at the chapter length and frequency, I can say it was the right choice.

Ending is standard. Nothing to write home about, nothing terribly flawed. Reading the entire final dungeon crawl in one go makes it feel reasonably paced as well. Final battle works as written, despite how cliché it is. Good callbacks and having a solid reason for why the power of friendship works helps, as he's literally bound to his tames. The subversion of the curse by not killing the Demon Lord makes enough sense to not break the story, even if the specifics are a bit loose. It also fits the theme of the story better than just killing her.

Overall, pacing was mostly killed by the sparse content, but works much better reading once finished. Not the greatest story, but entertaining enough. And that's more than I can say for a lot of the trash around these parts.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters and the good story.
The story was a fun ride. Felt cut short but left open for a sequel maybe?
but still a good decent read, thanks much

Why do I get the feeling that Axe-kun was somewhat involved on this lacklustre ending?

Power Uploader
Thought maybe they'd go after the Demon Lord God not sure if he's still alive as a God or succeeded in dying completely.

Dex-chan lover
Well.. okay, I'll take this ending over something tragic any day.

Dex-chan lover
It feels weird, rushed while not really being that rushed... guess I'll check the LN.
Thanks for the tl LHT :salute:

Dex-chan lover
The ending actually is not as bad as what I expected.
Guess you could believe the author intended to end the story like this.

Dex-chan lover
i do want him to go on adventures but guess it only will happen in fanfic or spinoffs?

Double-page supporter
what a thoroughly pointless affair this was, for the first time in my roughly 18 years of reading weebshit i skimmed through the final chapter of something ive actually been reading for years. hell, i think lh have been doing this series for more than half a decade. just depressingly poor quality of the manga.

Aggregator gang
Thank God it's finally over. That lost all its steam it was only 56 chapters long but it felt like 200.
There's only like 5 chapters that aren't a .2 or more. And a good number of .3 chapters... So rough math that's like 120 or so "chapters" over the course of 5 years

Dex-chan lover
that's how we end it? demon lord just forgiven and joins the MC? the kingdom that he was at war with who has his family as hostages just pushed to the side? the scheming kingdom where the queen tried to control him just forgotten? the religion that tried to destroy the world just forgiven and allowed to stay around and be worshipped? some random barbarians from the south our of nowhere?

Power Uploader
Nah this is still pretty axe-y. For how long everything before this was stretched out, this feels abrupt and rushed.
That's not what being axed means. The LN, WN both ended in the same way so this was planned, hence not being axed. Axed is when publisher intervenes so you have to stray from your original plans and change when and how it ends. This manga was always going to end this way.

What you're talking about is called bad pacing.

Users who are viewing this thread