Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai: Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita - Vol. 9 Ch. 44.2

This feels like someone had a several ideas to happen throughout a longer story, was told to wrap things up, then decided to throw every fight idea into a single encounter.

Dex-chan lover
So they fused huh. This pope reminds me of a card lore in Yu-Gi-Oh where the pope is evil and starts murdering everyone and becomes a big monster, then eventually, into an even bigger one that looks like an abomination.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this fight is brutal.

No, not scary-edge-of-your-seat "brutal".
More like: Boring-as-shit-and-I'm-forcing-myself-to-keep-reading-because-I-want-to-know-what-happens-after-it... "brutal"

Dex-chan lover
So the pope just wins easily, yeah? That's the only logical conclusion here, the crew were struggling against only 1 monster, and now he's summoned even more and they've all merged together to make a mega monster that's way more powerful than the first one, so he wins and the heroes die or are enslaved by the pope, right?

Oh, right, the heroes will have a mega power-up out of nowhere in the next chapter that will let them easily beat the pope. This is a terrible writing choice and a terrible trope and it can only result in something terrible. Japan, get better writers.

Dex-chan lover
When is the power of friendship coming into play?
Couple more chapters of asspulling , I think.
Honestly, the only reason I still follow this one is because of how terribad it has become, and am curious where the new benchmarks in godawful shyte are going to be placed.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this really went to shit.

These are some of the most boring fight sequences I've read in a while.

Aggregator gang
And yet this aint going to be the damn end of the powerups i feel.

Aggregator gang
i was like "this seems....familiar.." then read the comments. i'm glad i'm not the only one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread