Sekai de Yuuitsu no Tenshokushi: Job Hopper na Ore wa, Isekai de Subete no Job o Kiwameru Koto ni Shita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

It mentions a translation of the novel, but there's nothing on NU at all, even if you try to show dead links?

Dex-chan lover
Very bland start, let's give it a couple of chapters to see if at least it takes an interesting turn...

Group Leader
It mentions a translation of the novel, but there's nothing on NU at all, even if you try to show dead links?
had to dig a bit deep to find it since the site it was on is dead, but I started looking for it there.

The novel which was translated only reached up to Chapter 3. Novel Chapters 1, and a bit of 2 was already covered by Ch1 of the manga.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Anyone else BEYOND sick to death of the trope of the 'status screen' in isekais?
Like I get the isekai genre is inspired by videogames, but isn't this too on the nose, whilst being just a tad too unrealistic, even for fantasy? Like if it's a world of swords and magic, isn't it incongruent to have a computer screen flash up when you shout "status"?
And why isn't the implication of having a digital screen that gives numerical values to your abilities evident? That implication being; life isn't real - it's a simulation. This makes it all the more reasonable how someone could have glitched from one reality into another. But no one ever seems to talk about the status screen outside "whoah it's like them there videogames I've done played".

Anyway, gripe aside, I'll be following this.
Thanks for picking it up
i think its bc the whole isekai started out with being sent to a game world so the status screen is from game stuffs and then the other thingy i like to think its like is that you can create your own magic so since you know that status screens exsist you can use it but not others sorry if this is kinda hard to read

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else BEYOND sick to death of the trope of the 'status screen' in isekais?
Like I get the isekai genre is inspired by videogames, but isn't this too on the nose, whilst being just a tad too unrealistic, even for fantasy? Like if it's a world of swords and magic, isn't it incongruent to have a computer screen flash up when you shout "status"?
And why isn't the implication of having a digital screen that gives numerical values to your abilities evident? That implication being; life isn't real - it's a simulation. This makes it all the more reasonable how someone could have glitched from one reality into another. But no one ever seems to talk about the status screen outside "whoah it's like them there videogames I've done played".

Anyway, gripe aside, I'll be following this.
Thanks for picking it up
Best way to explain it is that the world provides the information in the best way you can process it. For Japanese gamers/anime watchers/etc, they interpret it as a status screen. Natives probably see a scroll, or images or something.

Fed-Kun's army
Remember, kids, that jackets and waistcoats are actually tailored to have the lowest button used, not left unfastened.
False.

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/suit-button-rules/

"NEVER button the bottom button.

Fastening the bottom button will make you look like you don't know what you're doing and add an extra ten pounds by the billowing illusion your jacket creates. You're supposed to keep the bottom button undone because that's how most men's suits these days are cut."

"Buttoning rules for three-button suit jackets

Sometimes, always, never” refers to each of the three buttons."

"Buttoning rules for two-button suit jackets

The traditional way to button a two-button jacket is to fasten the top button and leave the lower undone."

"What's the history behind the 'always leave the last button undone' rule?

Legend has it that King Edward VII, who reigned in England in the early 20th century, popularized this trend. He was overweight and started leaving the bottom button of his waistcoat and jackets undone for comfort, which then became a fashion trend."

Dex-chan lover
False.

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/suit-button-rules/

"NEVER button the bottom button.

Fastening the bottom button will make you look like you don't know what you're doing and add an extra ten pounds by the billowing illusion your jacket creates. You're supposed to keep the bottom button undone because that's how most men's suits these days are cut."

"Buttoning rules for three-button suit jackets

Sometimes, always, never” refers to each of the three buttons."

"Buttoning rules for two-button suit jackets

The traditional way to button a two-button jacket is to fasten the top button and leave the lower undone."

"What's the history behind the 'always leave the last button undone' rule?

Legend has it that King Edward VII, who reigned in England in the early 20th century, popularized this trend. He was overweight and started leaving the bottom button of his waistcoat and jackets undone for comfort, which then became a fashion trend."
You can find as pretty much as many sites as you want advocating popular, mistaken ideas. But,
  1. Exactly as I wrote, suits are tailored to have those buttons fastened, as you would learn if you watched a suit being tailored, altered, or adjusted.
  2. The Twentieth-Century popular fashion of leaving those buttons unfastened has been resisted by high-end tailors and their clientele outside of the UK.

Dex-chan lover
i think its bc the whole isekai started out with being sent to a game world so the status screen is from game stuffs
Oh I get that, but I just think it's way overdone now. They need to move on from their Lame Status Screen Past and move into their Cool No Status Screen Future. At the very least removing the status screens from every new release would help the isekai genre feel less repetitive and redundant.

Best way to explain it is that the world provides the information in the best way you can process it. For Japanese gamers/anime watchers/etc, they interpret it as a status screen. Natives probably see a scroll, or images or something.
Most seem to have it so the natives have no way of seeing their own status, outside of tools or a third party like a church. MC's just conveniently have the status power unique to them so that nobody can see their mind blowing stats but us.
I'd prefer it if the MC's had to go to a church or use a tool like everybody else, and actually be consistent with the world they're in.
Also stop making the stats numerical - it's good for videogames, but seems unbelievable for a story. We don't go to the gym and get +1 strength.

Double-page supporter
Interesting. I like the fact that he can switch jobs rather than having the usual cheat package "you're the mc, here's every skill possible". Even better the fact that switching requires mp, so he shouldn't be able to spam it. Cherry on the top for me, would be if every job needs to be leveled per se (i honestly didn't understand if it is like that when he leveled up)...but it's already cool withthe previous 2

One last thing: I got confused when he got isekai'd....did he just disappear in front of the secretary or was it all "god's plan" (company and secretary)?
They'll probably explain it later on, but they might not. Like Half of all isekai just brushes over it and moves on

Group Leader
a level 1 being able to oneshot a mantis twice the height of a human puts the powerscaling pretty out of whack.
I'll chalk it up to the matter of affinity. Insects are weak to fire, so not only that he chose his job well, he also used the perfect spell during an emergency.

Users who are viewing this thread