Sekai Saikyou no Assassin, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei Suru

Dex-chan lover
That 8 stars rating is a lie, this is below average even for isekais.

You could add 3.6 and 3.7 to novelupdates instead if you don't want to put them here, just list them as bonus short stories. Not everyone checks the site

Dex-chan lover
Oh well, at least I got to read 3.6 and 3.7 before they removed so I didn't miss out on them.

Dex-chan lover
A promising start before immediately devolving into the standard problems of Isekai. Namely a cast of yes men who only exist to make the protagonist look good by comparison, and with extreme levels of devotion and respect in place of a personality.

4/10 Skip it.

A promising start before immediately devolving into the standard problems of Isekai. Namely a cast of yes men who only exist to make the protagonist look good by comparison, and with extreme levels of devotion and respect in place of a personality.

Yet the MC is pretty interesting and the story progressed quite quickly so overall better than most isekai.

8/10 if you like isekai, 4/10 if you don't.

this is junkfood-tier Isekai.
1. Consume,
2. Rate low because of the after taste,
3. Back to 1 whenever a new chapter is released. Repeat cycle until the either the novel or manga got the axe, then done.

I feel like this story is bouncing around too much. How did the mc convince these girls to become assassins who torture people? Jut by adopting them? They skip huge swaths of exposition then expect you to work it out.

What happened to the girl he was with at tuatha? Did I just miss her somewhere?

Dex-chan lover
@Scynix
I think she's the one with the thicc dagger straps...? I've been reading this passively so even I am not that sure.

Hey guys let's try to help the translater a bit. She's taking care of her sick mother it's not easy taking care of a loved one

Double-page supporter
@Scynix
I feel like it skipped over the early relationship development of the 2 servants he 'adopted' a bit too much but it was summed up as making them dependent on him with mild brainwashing techniques (more like psychological manipulation rather than anything too forceful).

The magic teacher is a noble and has her own life as well, she'll probably come back into the story soon.

@jorgeDS
I would have liked to know a bit more about the early days of his 2 servants rather than both being time skipped so hard but honestly I don't really mind that their characters aren't super well developed yet, this story seems to mostly focus on the MC and not a whole party + the MC. Also while it may seem a bit cheap from a story telling perspective, their devotion comes from psychologically manipulating and taking care of these destitute kids with no future, it's not that unreal for them to feel like they do.

I'm probably biased because my fondness for isekais but even if you don't, this story is pretty unique and not just a copy pasted formula. I don't think liking isekais is a must-have prerequisite in order to enjoy this.

@Degernase ahhhhhh.... alright that makes more sense. Yeah, this series really needs to slow it's roll just slightly- or increase page count by a few each chapter and flesh out this stuff. Not asking for a history paper, maybe just a panel or two that connects the 'inferred' stuff. Your explanation easily solved my confusion. Maybe the editor (on the official side) isn't noticing the small things.

Double-page supporter
@Scynix
Actually I haven't read the WN or anything, it's mentioned in the manga but very briefly and then not brought up again.

Page 6 in chapter 4.1 talking about the maid Talt:
"She's infatuated with me strictly because of the circumstances from when we first met... Plus, by applying brainwashing techniques I learned while I was still alive, I've inspired her undying loyalty"

Page 9 in chapter 5.1 talking about (the assistant?) Macha:
"By freely utilizing my brainwashing techniques, I slipped into her heart and deeply planted a strong affection and loyalty towards me."

Because he also talks about how she (Macha) was abused as an orphan and was distrustful but just wanted someone she could depend on, it sounds more like some minor psychological manipulation. 'Brainwashing' has connotations to some pretty extreme stuff (even though it might technically be the correct term?) so manipulation seems like a more accurate description of what he has done.

But yeah anyway I dislike how they glossed over the forming of their relationships. Like you say at least give us a few pages each, something like 1 page for their first few days then step it up and make each panel 1 month time skip just so we get a better grasp of their relationship and personality.

ugh as always with this wn/ln to manga stories you guys are def missing things the "relationship development" and assassin stuff and so on? he stated clearly about his intentions for the first one and the second one he adopted and manipulated. brainwashed...he was a highly trained badass top assassin on earth so im more than sure hes capable of extensive brainwashing and psychology techniques .... the dude was an elderly man when the assassin association took him out or whatever so hes def more than educated in all kinda ways...its been like a year or so since i read what was translated of the ln at that point . oh and the dia chick or whatever her name is that taught him and theyre in love and stuff will def come back. this is his 2 year away from home training so calm down itll get there but the manga is taking forever and this chick taking care of a sick mother isnt the only one who was doing this. theres another version that was up to ch3 but abruptly got dropped after. it was on mangarock for like ever

Kov

BRUH. This dude's name is LOOG. Who names their kid loog? what was the author smoking that day when he decided to conjure up this random sound, "Loog" my God, why would a parent name their child that. Do they want them to get bullied in school?

This is all kinds of horrifying. Grown man pretending to be a child takes in abused children and brainwashes/manipulates them into being his loyal pawns. Seven chapters of panty shots and awkward poses and not a single harem member is over 15. And I guess because they're older than 12 (for the latter half of available chapters) this doesn't get the loli tag?

There's ecchi and then there's this. I don't like this.

Dex-chan lover
@AccidentalGryffindor yeah, when you were 12 you certainly were actively going out and picking up 18+ women out there, didn't you?

I don't think there is a need for loli tags or anything like that. It's not a hentai and if you feel so offended to have seen a glimpse or to have a full glance of panties of a kid here and there that you can't sleep at night, I recommend either dropping the series that have kids in it, wathing some loli hentai doujins to relieve frustration or just seeking help in case you think you get excited and may hurt someone.

Can't count how many times I've seen a parent or grandparent/guardian fixing clothes of a kid in the middle of them playing (and due to that I saw what they wore unwillingly). Even not noticing that the skirt is lifted due to something is not that much of a streched out reality. And the moment she lifted her skirt when he slept... well that was intentional to make you and everyone (especially the dude they captured) think she came for some hugging.

About the brainwashing, well, you watch the manga about a killer so what do you expect, be glad he doesn't give them drugs and forces them to do any other sort of activities. Your school and schoolmates brainwash you more at childhood more than he does with them. He at least teaches them useful things (considering the enviroment they live in) while all school teaches is go to work and your mates say to buy the newest iphone or Mercedes out of all the money that you have. Completely useless.

Maybe what you wanted to see is a tag pedos-not-allowed instead? (Since I don't think there's enough for them to feel anything anyway, they'd just go for some doujin instead) Lol.

Double-page supporter
@tonie

images

(side note)
if this manga ever gets an anime adaption people would criticize it
because "BraInWAsHinG" and things like that

Users who are viewing this thread