Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni Watashi to Asa Chun Dekimasu ka?

The mangaka draws hentai under the name Toire Komoru.
giphy2.gif

Aggregator gang
@yldDavid I'm confused. It seems like you're saying you think that a manga with pretty average art about a guy that gets raped every chapter is objectively good because it has girls in lewd clothes, and it only gets rated low because people's subjective feelings are getting in the way. What aspect of taste is making people tank the ratings here? Also, can you give an example of something you would rate badly and what your objective reasoning would be?

@mommunism
I would rate any manga that has a female protagonist with a male harem a 1 star instantly just because it's a genre I'm not into at all.
Same goes for people who dislike this because its a trash wish fulfillment harem manga. Makes no sense to rate something 1 star just because it didn't fit your taste.

You can go to a sushi restaurant and complain that you are allergic to fish or hate sushi and leave a bad review... or maybe read the signs realize you don't like it and go eat somewhere else to begin with.

Read the genre,theme,content and whatever else tags there are and if your gut reaction is "I hate these kind of stories" then go back to the homepage instead of giving a 1 star without consuming it.
Not sure if I managed to get my point across, if you don't like sushi don't masturbate, I guess.

Aggregator gang
@yldDavid I'm assuming you meant you wouldn't rate a reverse harem a 1 star, which means you didn't answer either of my questions. It seems like you're just reiterating what you've already said in the thread. Could you reread what I wrote and answer the questions?

Aggregator gang
@yldDavid What? I gave two clear, easy questions that illustrated what specifically confused me about your reasoning, and instead of answering them you just repeated yourself. They were obviously not rhetorical. I have no idea why you would bother responding to a question if you aren't going to answer it.

@mommunism To be fair to yldDavid, while he didn't answer both your questions directly, he did provide an answer to your first one, and to a point you raised earlier in your previous response; give him some credit. Excluding his personal tastes, he states that people should judge Manga (among other things) by their objective tastes and not subjective opinions, though some subjectivity will always come into play, of course. You could say it's the reason fussy eaters don't become food critics for example, because any food that they "don't like" could not reliably be said to be "bad" due to their particularly biased personal tastes.

As far as I understand it, yldDavid believes that this Manga is good (when compared to other Manga of this genre) due to its art, storyline and (as you said) significant erotic content. While I don't necessarily share his view, I do agree that rating anything without consuming it and considering its qualities as objectively as you reasonably can is incredibly unfair to the producer.

Aggregator gang
they better not pull some shit like: they never had sex with him at all.

Aggregator gang
@Leodio He didn't really provide an answer for the first one. I asked for a specific aspect of taste that was the problem here. He said it's wish fulfillment. That's a very broad category that often still gets rated highly, so clearly it's not an answer. His answer to my earlier point was just repeating what he had already said. Can you try to answer the questions I asked, since you seem to think his argument was at least somewhat valid? Give me an objective rating you would use to rate a manga lowly, and a specific problem that would cause this one to be low.

@yldDavid

You're right. I mean if I had to rate mangas, all those mangas would have a 1 star rating due to the MC being pathetic bitches.

So this is a Peter Grill knock-off with a pathetic faggy MC. Art is amazing but apart from that, everything else is pure trash.

The mergirl and the angel are pretty nice. The dragon girl is a bit of a bitch. How much you wanna bet that the elf he's crushing on will be selected as a candidate?
This series has potential but it remains to be seen if the author can pull it off

Users who are viewing this thread