Sekitou Elegy

Group Leader
I was reading chapter 65 when I realised the MC pisses me off, but then I remember that I could be just like him in the future. Oh well

Contributor
Spent the day catching up on this series and I absolutely love it.

Not sure if this series ends at chapter 66 or not but

This was awful. Maybe im biased, people seem to like this. The trope of her beating him up feels like he really should fight back at some point.
He's a spineless wimp who has no redeeming qualities, and she's an awful person who I just like even less. They're terrible people.
Terrible things constantly happen to them. They stay together and do nothing but fight and act like childish assholes. This whole series left an awful taste in my mouth

I read it all but what a waste. All I can take away from this is that I hate writing like this.

Great work on the translations though. Im sure it was a lot of hard work, so thanks for the work you guys put in.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bushidolad

This series goes 10 volumes. I get your point, but I tend to see them as real people, rather than just awful people. Real people can be pretty awful too. But I'm fine with it. This isn't a 'eyes filled with stars and rainbow' shoujo. And the MC has shown incremental improvement from the extremely sad sack beginning. And the female MC also has changed. Both improvement will continue until the end and both will be better for it. You're just over the half-way point in their journey.

I will say that this ends in a most satisfying way I could think of.

edit: I made a mistake... It's actually a 15 volume series...

@Bushidolad How are they terrible people? They come together, change themselves for the better slowly but surely. They encounter problems, some get resovled, some didn't and it is freaking perfect. At the end of the day, they care for each other a great deal and it Shows, unlike those fluffy mangas which kinda bore me nowaday.

How you can come to hate them after reading 66 chapters of this is beyond my comprehension.

Him hitting her seriously would not play well for the story or character. Also us human have a pretty strong bias against man hitting woman so there's that.

P/s: Came here after reading High Position thought it was kind of trash but omg i was blown right off. What an incredible series! Neen to hurry up and learn japanese fast so i can read the rest, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy if it's so good then prove it! Translate!

But serious, I wish to see more new translators picking up abandoned series instead of starting a new one.

Dex-chan lover
considering the amount of romance series that have pointless over-dramatization, this feels sooo much nicer with well rounded characters to keep it interesting. Just goes to show you don't need bullshit drama for a fun read.

This manga is so good for the realistic development. No need for over dramatic conflict which make most slice of life feel exagggegated. It's just about average, boring daily life.

This manga feels authentic even with certain cliches and tropes common in manga to move the story forward but it truly is a romantic slice of life without being fluffy. Would read to the end.

Thanks for all you guys’ works on this. This manga really brings a smile to me and feels genuine because the characters actually deal with having real ass low income jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread