Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Umamawari

Dex-chan lover
OK, this is getting too far into otome game territory for me. Maybe reduce the torrent of handsome young samurai joining the harem? I know it's a futile hope given the LN source, but the least the mangaka can do is tone down the harem members' fawning over her. Maybe depict their body language and actions closer to how feudal samurai norms?

idk may be its a blessing to not get anime because how much failures we got ln/manga to anime adaptation. i still remember you blob fish youjo senki and one punch animation not found season 2.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun I mean it took Japan less than a century to catch up with the world given their resources. All she needs to do is make Japan open up their borders earlier and join in the colonisation party earlier when slavery was still a thing and causing genocide on the Koreans and Chinese wouldn’t be an international crime and they really wouldn’t have much of a problem with resources. I mean they opened their borders in around 1850 with only katanas and outdated muskets with them then like 50 years later having fun taking Taiwan, Korea and Russian islands if they had those lands earlier it could be a huge advantage for them if WW2 ever happen.

And even as simple as adding spirals in the barrel and bullet shape from that book will make them far more advance in terms of guns compared to the rest of the world they’d be 200 years advance.

I mean one of the reason why Japan opened their borders is because they saw that the outside is far more advance show that 200 years earlier and they might open it up earlier too.

And that's what happens when you're too subtle to a person who's dense when it comes to herself.

Dex-chan lover
FRIEND-FUCKING-ZONED

The struggle to romance the dense is real.

Dex-chan lover
lmao fuck that credit page got me good...

I was kind of hoping Shizuka would get engaged accidentally, like what would happen in most manga, cuz you know romance isn't on her mind at all.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun
People kept talking about shit iron but most people do not know why Japanese iron was shit. In reality, iron is iron, it's neither shit not gold. Here's the reality: Japan mostly has only iron sand. That by itself does not mean the iron is shit. Iron is ferum, ferum is the same everywhere else. The same ferum that exists in Japan exists in Europe too. Just because you bring Japanese iron to Europe, it will not make any weapon made using the Japanese iron automatically shit.

The problem with Japanese iron is that they only have iron sand, and iron normally does not want to stay as powder. Iron readily bonds with a lot of other elements. So the only way iron can stay as iron sand (and not merge into a rock) is because it has bonded with other elements such as sulphur, titanium, quartz or calcium that prevented it from forming into rocks. When iron sand is harvested, these impurities also exist in abundance. The product of the smelting of iron sand, the tamahagane, is basically high-carbon cast-iron. This high-carbon cast iron is purposely made to get rid of all the impurities because if they didn't do it, the iron will become weak and brittle regardless of their smithing skills.

The thousand-folding method is basically their way of reducing this carbon content after the smelting is done and all the impurities were driven out. The more they heat and fold the blade, the more they drive out the carbon, and the number of folding plus the lack of plasticity of the steel allows the master blacksmiths to guess how much carbon is present in the blade so that they can adjust it accordingly. We still use this technique in the modern era except we call it 'heat treatment' now. It's basically the same concept.

cover2.jpg

@SunSun alternatively she could convince Oda to try and get a couple ships to the Americas to get them crossbows/guns in exchange for potatoes/gold/silver (and maybe see the andenes to increase the available farmland) and the heads up that the Spaniards aren't exactly the nicest people around. If either Empire survives and ends up owing a debt of gratitude, Japan could secure a key source of valuable metals.

That last page got me! GOD DAMMIT! I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE A REALITY!

Users who are viewing this thread