Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu
That's kinda the thing. The captain can be competent AND fail, given that the challenge imposed was too difficult.
But, well, derp. Pretty what you said.

@Drifter Right?! I love that the manga brought up something that I think gets overlooked often in fantasy series: the ecosystem.

Monsters exist in a food chain similar to animals in our world. By having adventurer hunt monsters, it is similarly disturbing the population balance of the ecosystem and therefore will have an effect on the food chain. It's something that I feel isn't explored enough in fantasy and I think could lead to some interesting worldbuilding/story!

Dex-chan lover
Just Imagine a Greta Thunberg in a Fantasy World:

Stop Slaying all those monsters we need them for our Future. how dare you killing them.

Contributor
@Loki Asengott
"Stop Over-slaying all those monsters we need them for our Future. How dare you kill them."
FTFY

@0neDragon They probably only fought standard strong ground-based monsters or fast aerial-based monsters, not a boss-version of the two combined. Adventurers are normally the ones that get the short straw on quests like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Neokarasu , rather than it's being overlooked /not being brought up enough, the story just won't work everywhere, many other manga usually treated monster as magical construct/magic-corrupted animals than actual living being, meaning you're just returning the magic to neutral state by killing them, this manga however treats the monster as actual living being that contributes to the ecosystem and by doing that the author can bring up the concern regarding that.

Fed-Kun's army
@AbyssalMonkey
Yeah, if the author still wants Aldis and Nale to be doing missions together while still keeping Phillia and Rihanna safe, he should've just thrown in some kind of limited teleportation magic (like in Rune Factory, where there's a magic book to warp straight back to your house).

For that matter, since Phillia and Rihanna aren't getting screentime during these missions, the author could've given them speaking roles of a sort, like a magic to observe Aldis and Nale from afar.

@abyssalmonkey
Well if you think about it no one know about the twins. So need to leave a guard them is kinda useless. Unless someone robs or destroy his house for no reason. No one will know that there are twins in the area. That like hiding treasure and than putting a guard next to the hiding spot. Itll give it away.

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey
@Tristan
You do realise their house is not in the city/town, right? All we've seen outside is the fence, some trees, and a mountain in the distance. No buildings. The house itself is rundown. No evidence of any people even passing by it.

So far, the only people we know are aware of people living there, are the people actually living there and the person who rented it out. And even the land-lord/-lady only knows about MC being there. For all we know, the general opinion is probably that it's just an abandoned shack outside town. So, guarding the twins is unneeded, and putting a guard there won't draw attention. I'm more concerned there's no-one keeping the twins in line. They have a habit of going out, and getting discovered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:spelling

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey
Of course it's close. The twins went into town alone from the house, after all. But that doesn't mean people pass by it. It's probably at the end of it's own road, not along any major thoroughfare. Like you kindly pointed out, Nale standing outside for days should provoke interest. Yet it didn't. No-one mentioned it. Not even the other mercenaries, who seem determined to pound some common sense into MC. Ergo, having a guard would not draw attention, and guarding the kids is unnecessary.

Also, I never implied people didn't know the house existed. I implied people didn't know it was inhabited:
For all we know, the general opinion is probably that it's just an abandoned shack outside town.

Edit: also, MC visiting the city often is a poor argument, since he's capable of catching up to the Grinder without transportational aid. He would have no trouble getting to even a faraway town.

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey
True, but I didn't want to argue about the previous owner, since we know nothing about them. For all we know, they were completely antisocial and self-sufficient, with no reason to go into town. Or maybe they ran a brothel from the house. We just don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If the author didn't show people mentioning it, it didn't happen. I'm a big believer in 'new criticism', i.e. judging something by what it contains and only that. Authorial intent is bullshit; if the author intended something, they should have put it in the story. Maybe we just have different views, you and I? 😊

While your 'Mama' idea would have the same result, it has a different intention than I did. Your original post suggested a mother to 'protect' the kids. I'm more interested in keeping them in line. They are in virtually no danger, unless they go out and put themselves in danger. Less 'guardian', more 'guide'.

Dex-chan lover
Good job to the artist for making the monster intimidating while keeping it detached from humane expression

Group Leader
@daime17 exactly like that, first he says nameless in japanese
converts it to nameless (english)
then takes na and le -- nale
in japanese it would sound like nere from "Nēmuresu"

Double-page supporter
...She swore on her parents names in the last chapter but claims they did not name her.

HMMMM

Aggregator gang
type p.5, panel 2: 32th --> 32nd

When he decapitated that griffon I got some Witcher 3 flashback *Killing monsters*

Aggregator gang
Nale...? wot..
I thought he was gonna go for Nana instead 🙄

EDIT: in webnovel jp name its Nēre/Nere/Neire.... yes its more acceptable than Nale

Users who are viewing this thread