Sensei wa Koi wo Oshierarenai - Ch. 27

Calm your tiddies, will'ya?
My bet is that he (the new guy) is probably going to play a role like Koiwai (from Neto-Jū no Susume) or figured out that the teacher going out with her student, and probably nothing more than that.

Dex-chan lover
>chad of the hierarchy

Please be more accurate translating and not cringe

a lot of people are getting mad they can’t self insert themselves anymore since their maiden had a previous love interest

do you guys even have a concept of relationships? lmfao

Fed-Kun's army
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! The lvl of overreaction around here is even hillarious, man!!
NTR bait?? The hell is that!?!? Are you all so seriously damaged by typical NTR korean manwha that even the mention of a past relationship that just went for one fucking time enough to stress you all so much?? Are you all telling me that you seriously think that a manga like this can go in that direction?? Really?? This is not even the first time I have seen something like this happen for a manga, and I always end up thinking "what the hell!?" when seeing how people seems to be incapable of differentiate between two completely different and unrelated genres.

The only problem I have with is how something so random and simple like someone surname would be enough for this guy to figure out that she is... "going out" (?) with a student that just so happen has the same surname... Like she couldn't simply know someone else out there with that surname.

@ijnohs that's not really what a lot of peoeple have a problem with. Due to the fact she never really liked him and went out with him for a day and thinks he's a douche and shows literally no interest in him. "Love interest" is a very generous term. Its the way the drama is done.

But either way he's not for that and people are overreacting yes. It's obvious that he's going to make the main couple make actual progress. I have a feeling the new guy is going to get with the blonde teacher, I hope so. She's a looker and seems nice herself. And maybe im wrong and the author is going to go full rival shit idk, we'll have to see.

Dex-chan lover
@Georg The only reason authors introduce past relationships in a romance series is to induce some manufactured drama because they can't think of a way to keep the story going without it; they'll then often have the person who was involved in the relationship get into some compromising, but harmless, situations with their old flame so that their current interest can catch them in it or so that they'll feel guilty and put distance between themselves and their current interest.

Add in a situation where one side feels insecure in their position and you have a cheap source of drama to pad out the story. And I can honestly say I've never seen a single person say they've enjoyed that bullshit tactic, because that's exactly what it is: bullshit.

Fed-Kun's army
@Vincentius Oh, don't misunderstand, I also know this is a somewhat cheap excuse to keep the story running, that much should be obvious. My problem is with how people are treating this like the end of the world, the most horrible thing that could ever happen or how they are calling it "NTR bait", when the manga itself doesn't have the "ambience" necessary for any remotely similar thing to happen, and along that is how something so basic is called "NTR" when that is a completely different thing and way heavier than pretty much anything that couldn't ever happen here.

EDIT: Also, honestly I don't really mind that some conflict appears, as a story can't really develop if NEVER happens anything.

@Vincentius Nice projection. Conflict is necessary to an interesting story. This development can lead to us seeing a new side of Rinko and Arase. Its not always bad, and this series hasn't yet let us down.

Dex-chan lover
@Georg I wouldn't rely on a series' "ambience" to determine if something like NTR is possible or not, because an author can easily jump the shark when they run out of ideas; while I didn't read it myself, a fine example is what I've heard of Gal Cleaning: started out as a lighthearted series about a series bookworm helping a gyaru keep her room clean and healthy that took a sharp downward turn when it started throwing rape as drama into it.

But really, most people cry "NTR bait" when stuff like this happens because, in a way, it is. The bait isn't that the thing actually happens, but there's the implication of it happening; like the series Hibike Euphorium (another I didn't experience personally, just heard the fallout), which apparently had heavy implications of yuri romance in it, only for the author to chicken out at the last moment, so fans derided it as being yuri bait. Following that logic, NTR bait would, then, be any character put in a romance series for the sole purpose of disrupting the series' focal relationship and creating drama between the characters. If said character actually forcefully intruded on the relationship and stole one of the protagonists away, it would no longer be "bait", but actual NTR.

@gravy141 Conflict is indeed necessary to an interesting story; any writer knows that as an absolute fact. The difference is in the value of the conflict. Whenever a romance series does this, it's incredibly easy to predict how things are going to go: the ex will interact with their former love interest in a way that sparks insecurity in the other protagonist, whether intentionally or not. The love interest that was involved generally won't reciprocate at all, but they'll be confused by their ex suddenly showing up and reinserting themselves back into their life; this leads to situations that can be easily misunderstood as the love interest flirting with their ex, reinforcing the insecurity of the other protagonist. Eventually, however, if the situation was unintentional, the ex will back off and support the main couple after clearing up the misunderstandings. If, on the other hand, the situation was intentional (which is rarer, in my experience), it leads to more dragged out conflicts that don't do the story any favors, because the writer often backs themselves into a corner by not having a good solution prepared, occasionally having to resort to drastic measures to resolve things or outright retconning certain actions of the ex.

Ohhh boy it's the beginning of a drama again......oh man this is not good.......oh shit......I thought this manga was suppose to be all wholesome to the end......oh man,oh man~

Dex-chan lover
@CyBerK Sorry; it wasn't intentional, but I couldn't think of a better example of why not to trust a story's ambience.

Fed-Kun's army
@Vincentius I actually was a "Gal Cleaning"-reader, and readed that trash as chapters were coming out, but taking an exception as the norm isn't right, as the number of times that someting like that happened more than likely can be counted with both hands. Going by that mentality, I should expect the worst every time a confflict begins in any story.

I get why they call it "NTR bait", but like I said before (altough cheap) this is something pretty basic, and happens in most romance/slice-of-life mangas, and I find getting upset by something so normal pretty weird and somewhat amusing. Some may be offended by what I just write, but I honestly can't understand why someone can get so worked up by this, while is so obvious that this at most would make the main character's relationship stronger by the end (and taking in account how this manga is paced, this shouldn't be THAT long).

EDIT: The case with Hibike Euphorium is pretty different from this, as that was something that was seemingly being constructed trough the whole series, just to not end up being like that. Here this guy has just appeared, and the sole mention of having going out only one time is getting a reaction way stronger than what it should have.

Users who are viewing this thread