Sensitive Boy - Ch. 40 - Too close of a distance

Dex-chan lover
Thats a lot of red flags raising but here I am setting sail on this ship

Dex-chan lover
A little suspish that she didn't believe that "he doesn't watch lewd videos." It makes me feel like she is trying to make him do something without herself saying anything. I could be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Plot twist: she was stalking him the entire time.

Might be unfair but I keep thinking “Ok, but what’s Kaede doing?” As I read further. His arc more or less wrapped up with him just accepting that his assault has permanently altered the trajectory of his life, there’s still a lot there to mine but now we’ve moved on to this new scenario that’s not nearly as challenging.

Unless there’s a huge swerve with the idol, or the actual conflict hasn’t been revealed, I can’t see this reaching the highs of act one.
If I remember correctly, this arc is going on at the same time Kaede meets Tsubasa. I suspect the arc after this one will be about the other friend, so we won't get a follow up about Kaede for a while.

Dex-chan lover
oh ok so he's telling her now.

still I wish the first part continued a bit longer

Aggregator gang
I'm sorry but this arc 2 just isn't doing it for me.

I would have rather preferred a more in depth continuation of Kaede's healing process.

This arc 2 makes it seem like the author is not actually interested in the healing part, just the trauma dump parts.
for me its good

Dex-chan lover

I would have rather preferred a more in depth continuation of Kaede's healing process.

This arc 2 makes it seem like the author is not actually interested in the healing part, just the trauma dump parts.
i think it wrapped up fine, but it prolly would've been a 'normal' story afterwards if not just dragged out other than like,
another mini arc of that MC from the Shrink manga having continuous therapy sessions or so, maybe the author doesn't have as much experience or researched into the 'post' trauma coping/life

Dex-chan lover
IDK, so far this second arc is not as interesting as Kaede's.
It's clear that Kanon is hiding something, but the build up hasn't been that good.

Dex-chan lover
I expect she will react pretty badly that he's just a distant fan of her former self rather than someone liked her as she is now as a potential lover

Dex-chan lover

Who knows, maybe after all 3 have gone through their trauma, they'll have a get together session and talk about how messed up their lives are.

It's incredibly rare for me to read anything not explicitly queer, but I'm downright obsessed with this story. The nuance between characters and perspectives, how it explicitly and unequivocally decries sexual violence of all kinds, mature adults with very good, healthy takes, and even an asexual and possibly aromantic character. Some characters deservedly get chewed out but they aren't actively bad people and do make emotionally resonant arguments, even if they don't hold up when pressed against real experience.

On a personal level, I hope for more queer members to be revealed or enter the cast as the story develops. We've been given hints about a few characters but that's a bit of speculation on my part. I'm admittedly less invested in this segment of the arc, I want to get into resolving Tsubasa's trauma (seriously, poor girl, her first relationship out the gate as a naive hopeless romantic leads to getting stabbed!), the deal with Kaede's light-haired friend and getting to know the wise gyaru better.

Dex-chan lover
This is the only manga that makes me dread clicking on the next page from sheer fear of being exposed to red flags of an all-too-realistic degree.

Dex-chan lover
He's like:
"Hmm... let me just step on this landmine."
I'll be surprise if it doesn't backfire. There is no good way of telling her, "Oh yeah, I knew you from your idol days and only like you as an idol. Keep creating music. I'm your fan."

Even if they got really close as friends, she might get hurt if she knew he "liked" her in the beginning, because she had been an idol before. If he had told her immediately, she wouldn't have allowed him to get close to her. He can only hope, that she is kind of understandable and doesn't have some kind of trauma with a fan.

Group Leader
gknoENl.gif
Somebody take all the characters in this GIF and line them up side by side like they just witnessed something concerning altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread