Sensitive Boy - Ch. 54 - Stalker

Dex-chan lover
Well, that ended better than what I expected, I just hope things don't go wrong because of something else and they break up

Dex-chan lover
I always see this strange sentiment about idol culture in works. Where its somehow like super good to idolize and keep the purity of them intact. Anything that sullies that is seen as problematic. Including just letting them have personal lives.

Like it often feels like they're just trying to justify the culture to themselves. And I mean this from the creator's standpoints. Granted there's some projections here from other works I've read. But its always been such a strangely pervasive sentiment. Its likely little more than footnote here, but my brain is stuck on it. It drives me nuts.
You ever been in a religious environment? Cause it makes sense if you look at it like it's a religion. You don't look at your object of worship as human, you give praise and offerings, and in turn your object of worship will give you salvation that befits their image. You protect it, put it on a pedestal, you trust it to not betray your expectations as long as you prove your allegiance.

If you managed to imagine that, now look at Idol groups and the activity around it. Japanese, Korean, Virtual... Hell, even political parties tend to be the same. Trump is practically an Idol.

Double-page supporter
Please give it a more sense in the following chapter, if it turns out that this mf did not go to jail or getting arrested for stalking and trying to taser them, author just write whatever it was just for the sake of drama

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how the Japanese law works with beating a stalker (who's also armed with a tazer)
Unless someone else witnessed the altercation it would be your work against his. No other evidence, barring if Izumi hurt himself beating up the older guy.

Just say I have no idea who that guy is if cops come around.

Fed-Kun's army
You ever been in a religious environment? Cause it makes sense if you look at it like it's a religion. You don't look at your object of worship as human, you give praise and offerings, and in turn your object of worship will give you salvation that befits their image. You protect it, put it on a pedestal, you trust it to not betray your expectations as long as you prove your allegiance.

If you managed to imagine that, now look at Idol groups and the activity around it. Japanese, Korean, Virtual... Hell, even political parties tend to be the same. Trump is practically an Idol.
I'm not confused what an idol is. I know its like a cult. Its the way it gets propped up and portrayed as being a positive mindset by and large. I find its pervasiveness in being portrayed as a positive thing to achieve comes off as extremely off-putting. Like even works that are critical of it, still bend over backwards to say its completely necessary at the same time. Its clearly a cultural value, but I its weird how much time gets spent trying to justify it.

Dex-chan lover
Calling this attempted murder is overkill. She's scared and panicking so she's exaggerating things without really meaning to, but smacking the stalker in the head a couple of times isn't going to kill the guy, just might leave him a nasty headache and a lesson.
Striking someone in the head prone on the concrete with a blunt object can absolutely kill, if not maim. Especially if that taser is heavy. Street fights end up in death more often than we like to think about.

I don’t know what the laws are in Japan though, so it moot anyway.

Double-page supporter
I expected a more dangerous guy and attack after the previous chapters

Dex-chan lover
A part of me wishes that he actually killed the stalker, but then I realized that it would have made him a criminal and ruined the good ending so I am fine now

Dex-chan lover
I'm not confused what an idol is. I know its like a cult. Its the way it gets propped up and portrayed as being a positive mindset by and large. I find its pervasiveness in being portrayed as a positive thing to achieve comes off as extremely off-putting. Like even works that are critical of it, still bend over backwards to say its completely necessary at the same time. Its clearly a cultural value, but I its weird how much time gets spent trying to justify it.
Because a lot of Idol media is aimed towards people who approves of idolizing.

Medias that are critical of it can't just go "No, idolizing is wrong and I am right". That's a sure-fire way to have them actively ignore you. Instead of them agreeing and changing their mind, what you'll have is instead a circlejerk of people that are already agreeing with you in the first place, resulting an us-vs-them situation where both will not hear what the other has to say.
What you call "bending over backward" is a lot of times a rhetoric. You can't argue against the whole thing, so instead you argue against the more clearly-problematic core aspect of it while not clearly making a stance against the entirety of it.

Dex-chan lover
How can he even entertain the thought that hes worse after hearing it from an obsessed, middle aged, fat, ugly stalker with a taser?

bro just ignore him

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how the Japanese law works with beating a stalker (who's also armed with a tazer)
As I understand it, japanese law is virtually zero-tolerance on violence, no matter the context. They have a very strange and, from our perspective, warped sense of justice. For example, if you end up in a self-defense situation, obviously the majority of the blame falls on the aggressor. But there is also a sense of the victim having part of the blame. After all - what have you done to end up in a position where you were attacked? Surely, a truly upstanding citizen would simply not end up in a place where violence is used against people. Were you careless? Provocative? Perhaps there is even someyhing like a curse on your family? In any occasion, normal people should avoid associating with you. After all, isn't it just a nuisance to hear about such a troublesome thing as a violent altercation? That kind of thing just disturbes public morals. Better you reflect on what you did wrong - maybe even prison might be the best place for it, since such a troublesome person as you will then be removed from the public at large.

Dex-chan lover
I thought for sure this was going to end at knifepoint. Again.

Users who are viewing this thread