Sensitive Boy - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Is this fine?

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the problem isn't her mentioning her own experience in sexual harassment, but her failing to see the pain the MC tried to indirectly communicate.

We still see it when she's talking to her friend, she's focused in what him telling her could mean for their relationship, instead of focusing in what she can do in their relationship to help him deal.

I think this is meant to emphasize how dismissive people are of male victims. Interesting portrayal by the author, tho it's clear something is off about this girl lol. Perhaps she sees this relationship as a way to check off boxes, ie say she has a boyfriend, kiss, have sex etc. She doesn't see him for him. The series is moving quite fast so I think we'll see trouble sooner than later.
She is also inexperienced with relationships as well. So, no surprise with her downplaying response when trying to empathize with him. Most likely the full story will be explained to her in either of two ways: from one of MCs friends or from that gyaru looking girl. One way clears the misunderstanding quick and the other will just cause more dumb drama.

Fed-Kun's army
She seems normal to me. Why are people making light of train assaults though? She just tried to empathise with him with a similar experiences of “sexual harm”. Blaming her that she is downplaying cause we as readers know what happened to him knowing full well that the guy only said a broad term of “sexual harm” is just hating someone for sake of hating.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest I think people need to chill just a little bit. We are little too early to understand who she is as person and what motivates her so I suggest wait for more chapters to release to get a better picture. Appears bad but that's only a surface level deduction. Sexual harm or sexual assault can and is a broad term where at minimum it's non consented sexual touching to attempted rape. What I think in the moment she took it at face value it being similar to how she got molested and understood him not realizing there is more context needed.

That's why it seems so off, she doesn't have the full picture nor does she understand what it is he is feeling. Here's an idea. Perhaps the reason she takes train molestation a little lightly is because not only does she get it but her friends to do too but have found ways to stay safe. Never move alone or occupy a different train or something along those lines. It may be why she says it's annoying as it is an inconvenience that she has to be aware of it all the time. I can't find any statistics on how often males in Japan get sexually assaulted or raped but the idea is boys aren't taught how to protect themselves in these instances because of social bias or myths or ignorance, take your pick. With that said I don't think it's a huge surprise that she took it the way she did coupled with how naive she may be, I don't think she meant to harm him in any way.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this was some sort of miscommunication, that she may havent understood how heavy his experience was when he said sexual harm, and that she really is a good girl that would make him genuinely happy.

Dex-chan lover
Girl living a shoujo manga romance in her head. She can't comprehend what he has gone through let alone understand it. She has a very pure and naive perception. He said "sexual assult" so she thought up the "worse" example she can think of / relate to. Train gropping. And happy that his bf is willing to share his bad experience with her while being completely on the dark concerning the real magnitute of the situation.

All i can say is that shit gonna turn ugly realy fast. She is looking for some idealized romance and he is trying to be "normal". Both has the wrong starting point for a relationship and it will crash and burn as expected.

Raws are not too far as well so i'm looking forward to more chapters.

Last edited:
I like the direction it's taking with the girl making light of her trauma, without showing her thoughts on his trauma. It makes it so we don't know her intentions, whether they are good or bad, and just have this uneasy feeling about her. Which is exactly what Kaede is feeling.

Dex-chan lover
Well I am not sure how it is in the original Japanese text, the English translation is not clear about his sexual attack, so I give her the benefit of the doubt for the trauma comparison.
he was raped. sexual intercourse level. not just groping.

Got the feeling hes gonna go trough a few relationships with other girls after this one deteriorates

Group Leader
oh no! someone please protect him. base on 2nd vol cover he still crying, i hope nothing goes wrong extremely.
In 3rd volume cover, seems like he is overwhelmed by the abuse and just gives in.

Dex-chan lover
That....doesn't seem quite right. She handled that a poorly and really downplayed it. I hope she gets to understand the severity of the situation sooner rather than later.

Dex-chan lover
Well I am not sure how it is in the original Japanese text, the English translation is not clear about his sexual attack, so I give her the benefit of the doubt for the trauma comparison.
This is also how I took it. He didn't explicitly say he was raped, and she probably didn't think in that direction when he told her. Although that can also be troublesome, if she didn't think about it, because "a man can't get raped"... hopefully she doesn't think like that.

Still, her reaction of, "It's the worst, right? ~" doesn't fit with the reaction he had to her touching him unexpectedly. I mean, if you know someone reacts like that, because of molestation (let's say she was right about it)... telling that person, "OMG! Yes! That's, like, just the worst, right?" is a pretty bad response. You are showing that what they went through is something you see as no big deal and that pushes them far far away. Even if they didn't mean anything bad by it, that response hurts a lot.

Idk if I want Kaede to find someone better or if I hope this girl grows into a better person, so that MC has a supporting partner that has his back.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, I didn't like that ending part.

Ok, I do have a theory, what if her mother is the one who did that to him. And she went out looking for him because her mother said so just to mess with him all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread