Sensitive Boy - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Is this fine?

Dex-chan lover
From what I see she seems like someone who both doesn't quite understand the effects of sexual assault (frankly, most people, including me, probably don't understand either) and has never been taught that trauma is in no way romantic.
Like she read too many shitty bad boy stories or whatever.
For this relationship to workout, she needs shed her ignorance on the matter, cause not thinking much about this is absolutely the wrong way to handle this.

Dex-chan lover
"my dad beat me up everyday when I was a child"
"damn thats crazy, I got beaten up once in highschool too!"
"An adult that was tasked with my wellbeing took advantage of that trust and hurt me thrusting me into a downward spiral of agony and grief"
"Wow that's crazy, Sometimes strangers touch my butt on the train. #Relatable"
No, it was probably just miscommunication. "Sexual assault" is very vague...

And the way he said it could probably be misunderstood.

Remember, you are hearing his words while already knowing the full picture...

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one that thinks that there's a slight possibility that she made up the "being molested on the train" part? You know, just to earn some points with the guy.

Hard to guess without any additional backstory.
it is possible, but we all know that authors like to show this reality in their mangas.

and we have to take in consideration that japan do have this problem, so much so that women have a separeted subway car for them, so she may not be lying.

Double-page supporter
The girl may be just the type whose parent(s) sheltered from knowing too much or something.
Can't tell about the precise Japanese text thing though.

Dex-chan lover
"my dad beat me up everyday when I was a child"
"damn thats crazy, I got beaten up once in highschool too!"
Feel like it's more like "someone stabbed me in middle school" "that's rough, people have punched me hard sometimes". Cause it's not about frequency, it's about severity.

Am I the only one that thinks that there's a slight possibility that she made up the "being molested on the train" part? You know, just to earn some points with the guy.

I mean... japan is known for having issues with molestation on transit, I'd assume it's true but the severity is pretty different. At least severe you could be lightly grazed for half a second, not okay but pretty different.

I think simply making light of the severity is already a big enough gap without her making it up. Could be, though.

Dex-chan lover
The way she downplayed his experience, didn't even try to understand more and just made it about herself rubbed me the wrong way, like girl why are you glad? why are you even smiling while talking about yourself getting molested? 😕

Dex-chan lover

Fuck why did you have to say this?? This is highly likely to be the case

Aggregator gang
fuckin hillarious and also very real, well done author-kun i expected this to be 100% trash.

bit weird but not bad, we dont know how far the molestation went with the girl but clearly its not close to kaede's situation, still i think the author is trying to show her caring for him even if she might not understand it that much, since the topic of male SA especially when the criminal is a woman is very undermined in all societies around the world

Dex-chan lover
UUUUHHHH Great that she accepted him. If only if she didn't compare trauma. Like molestation on a train is bad definitely but that wasn't the time to compare his ptsd to anything. It makes him feel that you don't really understand what he went through. So close to perfect but that one crack could ruin the whole relationship. I have hope though!!! I really really hope for this relationship to work out.
Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread