Sensitive Boy - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Is this fine?

Supporter
This manga is really interesting in how it handles such a sensitive topic. It really like how it specifically recognizes that getting molested on a train can severely affect a person, but still calls out the comparison she makes as feeling off or weird. It’s not dealing with it in a black-and-white way. I think this girl is just acting out of ignorance and inexperience. She’s a teenager who’s just not equipped to deal with this kind of relationship.

This series is really well-written.

I give the girl the benefit of the doubt about the comparison as the MC did a half assed confession about his past trauma. What he said could range from a mild bad experience to the actual fucked up shit that happened to him but he sadly couldn't convey it clearly (not sure about the original japanese text but the translation points to this). I can only hope this misunderstanding will clear up sooner rather then later tho.

Dex-chan lover
Comparing truma in a relating way can sometimes have a negative effect.

She kind of downplayed how bad it was by Comparing it to the train.

I think the issue is she replied in a way that puts the truma on the same level when they clearly aren't .(seeing the long lasting effect it has on the mc).
He also used a very 'subtle'/mild form of noun for rape, which doesn't help, but still I think she took it too lightly

Dex-chan lover
I have a terrible feeling that the author will somehow make it where she's related to the teacher in some way and probably already knew his past and wanted to get close on purpose.
Or
The teacher will show up bc that's how it always go when there is something in mc past and they are trying to get past it after the years

Fed-Kun's army
Bro. What. The. Fuck. There was so many routes this could of taken, but this is by far the most weird and strange one like wtf man
was really hoping for some drama and not just a "OMG we both got sexually assaulted?? #besties!!!!"
I just hope that her kinda downplaying this whole scenario leads into some sort of drama or story development
I'm pretty sure this is the drama route. It doesn't look like she understand how much he is suffering from his past. This is gonna lead to a conflict in the future without a doubt, the author is setting it up.

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks that there's a slight possibility that she made up the "being molested on the train" part? You know, just to earn some points with the guy.

Hard to guess without any additional backstory.
Definitely what it came off as, rrally weird direction can't really conclude anyhting for now

Dex-chan lover
I give the girl the benefit of the doubt about the comparison as the MC did a half assed confession about his past trauma. What he said could range from a mild bad experience to the actual fucked up shit that happened to him but he sadly couldn't convey it clearly (not sure about the original japanese text but the translation points to this). I can only hope this misunderstanding will clear up sooner rather then later tho.
Goggle Translate says it was "sexually assaulted".

Users who are viewing this thread