Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Kaede's Past 2

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... but at least she is into wholesome shoujo, rather than the toxic shoujo with the bad boys and the female MC trying to fix them

Frankly i am more worried about the ideas her friend keeps giving her about romance advice

Well since he was never taken to court as a witness or made to pronounce any statements against her, chances are that no actual legal action with some real consequences was taken against the teacher

The school probably handled it all on the down low to avoid an scandal, and after she was dismissed she could have just started her training process at a different school and gotten her license anyways, and even if she isn't teaching at public schools, she could still be a private tutor, or work at private teaching institution

And that's the thing that's too big a sword to go dangling over people's heads just for some dramatic tension
just to add about the whole punishing the rapist thing, i think the reason why the consequences weren't as "severe" as we thought or that no legal action was made is as simple as Kaede not being able to handle the whole process. maybe he just wanted to get out as soon as possible.

not sure about japan's legal system, but litigation is an exhausting and emotionally draining process. add to the fact that my dude was literally traumatized, not sure if he wants to relieve that whole thing over again.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... but at least she is into wholesome shoujo, rather than the toxic shoujo with the bad boys and the female MC trying to fix them

Frankly i am more worried about the ideas her friend keeps giving her about romance advice

Well since he was never taken to court as a witness or made to pronounce any statements against her, chances are that no actual legal action with some real consequences was taken against the teacher

The school probably handled it all on the down low to avoid an scandal, and after she was dismissed she could have just started her training process at a different school and gotten her license anyways, and even if she isn't teaching at public schools, she could still be a private tutor, or work at private teaching institution

And that's the thing that's too big a sword to go dangling over people's heads just for some dramatic tension
I actually found an omake that details what her punishment was.

Fine, it's not an actual omake, but there's a 99% chance this is accurate.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if there's something wrong with me but I kinda don't care? At a fundamental level, I'm not invested in this story enough to feel anything about this, to me it seems like a good idea, but a bad execution.
i mean i kinda get ya tbh, im reading because the hook is interesting as hell, a standard romance manga but with the MC wanting to overcome his fucked-up trauma? it has the potential to be a really great character study.

i still think its interesting enough to read more of this, but you're right i think it could definitely be more, i dunno how to explain this, but the characters so far feel tropey in that they feel like your usual manga characters or something. maybe its in the dialogue or on the presentation. i dont really know.

still, i think its a brave subject for the author to explore and i can definitely tell that they wanted to be as sensitive as possible with their depictions of rape. so i want to see how this whole thing goes till the bitter end

Dex-chan lover
I actually found an omake that details what her punishment was.

Fine, it's not an actual omake, but there's a 99% chance this is accurate.
Yeah that's probably how it went, if she even got arrested

Dex-chan lover
"The trainee teacher was given a suitable punishment"
Knowing Japan, what this means is that she was fired and maybe the story was passed along to other schools so she wouldn't be hired again.
What this means is that she likely still has the freedom to work as a personal teacher, and is the one that will teach the girl.

Dex-chan lover
"The trainee teacher was given a suitable punishment"
Knowing Japan, what this means is that she was fired and maybe the story was passed along to other schools so she wouldn't be hired again.
What this means is that she likely still has the freedom to work as a personal teacher, and is the one that will teach the girl.
A slap on the wrist and a "don't do this again"

Dex-chan lover
angel on my left: feel empathy for MC
devil on my right: makes me want to see sensei's boobas

Fed-Kun's army
Doomposters constantly saying how much dread they feel and how she will be daughter of the teacher or will react badly. It’s funny watching each chapter btfo of them.
oh you poor little thing

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if this is an accurate translation. I only read the Spanish translations, but there were key points that were different. It's completely possible that I misread the Spanish or that the Spanish translation was the one that was incorrect, though.

Dex-chan lover
People need to understand, there is a middle ground here. Best case scenario, gf is an amazing person, every single person in his life is supportive, and they live happily ever after. Worst case, she leaves him for it, and/or she ends up being the teacher's daughter, or something equally worse. One is unrealistic, one is advantageous writing.

There is a middle ground, and I think we just gotta wait and see what happens. I hope it doesn't do either extreme end, I don't want it to be boring, obvious, or pure depression.

Contributor
Christ, that flashback hits hard. I'm mad we don't find out yet what the "appropriate action" was taken against the rapist piece of shit.
I’m actually okay with it. He is not someone looking for revenge or some shit

Dex-chan lover
That "What are we going to do." Part, only made me think of the POMF meme, and I had a good laugh... Then the rest of it got dark.

Users who are viewing this thread