Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Kaede's Past 2

Dex-chan lover
Even though she's sympathizing with him, why do I still feel dread for their future.
Prolly cause the woman's defo the fmc's tuition tutor. Her mum said something about a new one in chapter 11

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if it was a good Idea for Kaede to share those details with her on HER FIRST DATE. It is needed a therapist, but your girlfriend would definitively twist things unintentionally
It's not the first date, to be fair. Remember that they were in a cafe when they ran into Tsubasa's classmates, including the one girl who knew Kaede in middle school.

They also went to the movies together.

They also kissed on that exact same park bench that they are currently sitting on.

It's definitely not the first date.

I liked the way he didn't show anything explicit or ecchi about the rape, I like this focus on him regaining his composure.

Thanks for the chapter!

so who tf said that they might not end well ?

Me. I'm definitely one of them. Also, I just took a peek at the raws of future chapters myself just to fact check the spoiler owl. Can't read the text, but the panels do an excellent job of "Show, Don't Tell".

Here's what I'm going to do with that knowledge in a nutshell.

Anyways, when I said "This can't end well", I wasn't referring to their relationship as a whole, but more her reaction to realizing the full scope of his abuse.

The thing that most caught my eye is that in a previous chapter she essentially called sex filthy in a very emphatic and unambiguous manner. In all honesty, I do think that she's a good person (as far as I've seen thus far), as shown by her inital reaction to Kaede's horrifyingly traumatic story (Again, props to the manga for showing this type of thing for what it truly is). But, she hasn't been given any amount of time to mull it over and fully process it.

Dex-chan lover
Her not trying to comfort him really and just being there and understanding was so gooood this manga is awesome

Double-page supporter
ain't that hard to grasp my dude, did you forget this manga is manga is about RAPE and its effects!? Even if she is just a genuinely good person, i don't think the feeling of dread would completely go away with a heavy subject matter as this. Gonna be a lot of tip-toeing around for these 2.
Man I wish it was more about the after effects from rape beyond just crying and being touchy. The guy shoulda developed a complex where he gets fantasies about being taken advantage of by women and struggle dealing with his sexuality. Or get totally fucked in the head thinking all women who are kind to him are just horny rapists trying to get close to take advantage of him. Or feel dirty from having unwanted sex and that he isnt worth shit. Or even having knocked up sensei and having to deal with knowing or supporting a kid he didnt want. This manga could’ve gone a lot darker and really delved into the male psyche after being raped. But nah, he just cries and avoids women. Guess he got off pretty easy.

Dex-chan lover
They did already show the mom. It already happened in a previous chapter, chapter 9.

What older sister? I get that you're explicitly trolling, but like, at least make it reasonable.
I'm not trolling. I have a shit ton of manga I read and I can't remember everything. I forgot they showed the mom already. I'm saying that since it's obviously not the mom then the teacher could end up being the older sister of this girl just for drama purposes.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not trolling. I have a shit ton of manga I read and I can't remember everything. I forgot they showed the mom already. I'm saying that since it's obviously not the mom then the teacher could end up being the older sister of this girl just for drama purposes.
I've read up through to chapter 26. No older sister is ever mentioned.

The rapist teacher hasn't reappeared in the story so far. Tsubaki's tutor hasn't made an appearance either, so it could be the tutor.

Dex-chan lover
I've read up through to chapter 26. No older sister is ever mentioned.

The rapist teacher hasn't reappeared in the story so far. Tsubaki's tutor hasn't made an appearance either, so it could be the tutor.
Ah okay, I don't read/look at raws so I wouldn't know.

Dex-chan lover
Ah okay, I don't read/look at raws so I wouldn't know.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you needed to read the raws. I was just saying that even up to chapter 13, which has been translated to English, there's never been a mention of Tsubaki having an older sister.

Dex-chan lover
the 2 homies need more screen time.
i don't mind 2/3 chapter dedicated to them hang out with our MC.

Hear me out, I feel like the story is dragging his feet and we're not going to get any dramatic twists at least for a while. I don't know it's like they're playing a too safe to do anything interesting.
But as always thank you for the translation you do God's work

Dex-chan lover
someone fucking gaslit everyone in the last chapter that what she did was actually super bad and crazy after he says what he needs to say but the fucker lied

Dex-chan lover
Someone above mentioned her being in lala Land about the ideal romance and yeah I’m kinda on the wall about things, this was super cute and felt pretty real, I wonder if this mangaka has gone through something similar before? Either way let’s all keep reading this masterpiece together peeps one chapter at a time

Users who are viewing this thread