Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Limit and Blockage

Dex-chan lover
I mean, she's young and immature. She's also wrong and she needs to learn that her romance fantasy isn't the whole reality of it and to be better in understanding/communication, but this is understandable in a reader's view. Her prude mom is the cause of her being like that.

Dex-chan lover
When she first touched him and he yelled, was that not being an ass?
When he ran away from her and got mad at her for reaching to him, was that not being an ass?
Was getting together just because he wanted to feel normal and have a girlfriend, then not being immediately honest about what happened to him and even when she clearly misunderstood, not being an ass?
If you're answering "no, because he's a victim and he had a good reason for it" to those questions, you are excusing acts that while perfectly reasonable, are still unkind.

I don't get why people always need to weigh faults and then decide who's in the wrong. Most of the time, it's everyone and no one. People hurt each other, people fumble through life having no clue about a single thing, and that's all the more true when we're talking about teens.
Yes, she was insensitive and she hurt him, but it's understandable why it happened. He also hurt her and shut her out with his own reaction to her feelings, and yes, it's obviously because of what she told him, but he still did hurt her back.

People aren't just born aware of how to deal with bad stuff. They learn by going through and talking about it.
I have not seen a comment this retarded in months, good job.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain to me why she is feeling disgusted by anything related to sex, or even male anatomy ? Feeling a bit lost here.
She has lived her whole life in shoujo-land, where love is pure and eyes are sparkly, and nothing sexual ever happens; you don't normally touch male anatomy, those parts are supposed to be hidden. Only now did she start to acknowledge the fact that people shove their genitals into each other, and this picture goes against what she had believed love is supposed to be. Even looking at non-reproductive parts of male anatomy now makes her think about dicks, and that makes her extremely uncomfortable
She's not completely delusional, but it'll take her some time to come in terms with sex

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Her victim-blaming Kaede honestly feels out of nowhere, so I don't see why would you gloat about an outcome that is effectively random
First, I wouldn't call it gloating, and second, a lot of people, not just me, feel it didn't come out of nowhere.

It feels like a fairly predictable action, not only because of larger society but also Tsubasa specifically.

We will see some Tsubasa defenders until the well deserved friendly-fire smack down by Aya it seems. She laids down the law pretty straight so there shouldn't be any more "confusion" for the "she is not bad" crowd.
Im up to date and she's not bad. If you read that chapter and the rest of the manga and think she's a bad person, a bitch or whatever else, you are ignoring all of the signals of a conflicted person literally suffering for all of that situation. She was wrong, but that character youre talking about dont know what happened to her, BUT WE KNOW. we saw it, we saw her thoughts and internal and external conflicts. You arent in-universe character, you are a reader who can see the entire context, not a character. You just have to think for a second to understand that and stop acting like shes some cardboard villain that you should hate when she's not. Theres an entire context out there being ignored for mindless stupid hate and arguments of "defenders" because others decided to not just hate a character and instead understand what is being shown, which is a conflicted confused girl who was wrong, but dont even like the way she feels about it and constantly says it

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Im up to date and she's not bad. If you read that chapter and the rest of the manga and think she's a bad person, a bitch or whatever else, you are ignoring all of the signals of a conflicted person literally suffering for all of that situation. She was wrong, but that character youre talking about dont know what happened to her, BUT WE KNOW. we saw it, we saw her thoughts and internal and external conflicts. You arent in-universe character, you are a reader who can see the entire context, not a character. You just have to think for a second to understand that and stop acting like shes some cardboard villain that you should hate when she's not
Here's my issue with this, and I've said part of this before.

Is Tsubasa the worst character? No, emphatic no. She's not the worst character in the world, and she's not even the worst character in this story (it shouldn't need to be said, but the rapist teacher is worse).

Are we able to see her conflict? Yes, obviously (not only here but also future chapters). Does she have the potential to grow and be a better person? Yes, obviously. Pretty much everyone alive has that potential. But that doesn't mean she's not "bad". She did bad actions. She significantly hurt someone who did not deserve to be hurt that way. That's why she is bad as of this chapter.

I could even put it this way. Are we able to see the rapist teacher's conflict? Actually, yes, we literally saw her explain in words her conflict. Does the rapist teacher have the potential to grow and be a better person? Again, pretty much everyone alive has that potential. But that doesn't mean she's not "bad" either. And no, I'm not putting Tsubasa on the same level as the rapist teacher. But I'm illustrating how what you said doesn't mean much.

Here's my issue with this, and I've said part of this before.

Is Tsubasa the worst character? No, emphatic no. She's not the worst character in the world, and she's not even the worst character in this story (it shouldn't need to be said, but the rapist teacher is worse).

Are we able to see her conflict? Yes, obviously (not only here but also future chapters). Does she have the potential to grow and be a better person? Yes, obviously. Pretty much everyone alive has that potential. But that doesn't mean she's not "bad". She did bad actions. She significantly hurt someone who did not deserve to be hurt that way. That's why she is bad as of this chapter.

I could even put it this way. Are we able to see the rapist teacher's conflict? Actually, yes, we literally saw her explain in words her conflict. Does the rapist teacher have the potential to grow and be a better person? Again, pretty much everyone alive has that potential. But that doesn't mean she's not "bad" either. And no, I'm not putting Tsubasa on the same level as the rapist teacher. But I'm illustrating how what you said doesn't mean much.
The difference between tsubasa and the rapist is that one is showing regret a lot of times during all of the story and the rapist never did when she appeared in the flashbacks, and ofc, one is a teenager, another is a fully grown adult. Outside of their actions, of course, which one are words and other is literally rape, so much much worse

I don't agree she's bad because she shows regret, conflict and everything else including crying multiple times over her action and thoughts since they ever appeared. She did a bad action, agreed. do i think shes a bad person? not exactly, because of what i mentioned before. she can and will get better, most likely over the story if the author is competent about it, but the characters dont know that, we as readers know the entire context of the story..

Fed-Kun's army
I haven't had the time to read chapter 29 30 and 31 but the spoilers don't give me too much hope for Rio. What Kaede needs is a responsible adult, not a date.

Dex-chan lover
The difference between tsubasa and the rapist is that one is showing regret a lot of times during all of the story and the rapist never did when she appeared in the flashbacks, and ofc, one is a teenager, another is a fully grown adult. Outside of their actions, of course, which one are words and other is literally rape, so much much worse

I don't agree she's bad because she shows regret, conflict and everything else including crying multiple times over her action and thoughts since they ever appeared. She did a bad action, agreed. do i think shes a bad person? not exactly, because of what i mentioned before. she can and will get better, most likely over the story if the author is competent about it, but the characters dont know that, we as readers know the entire context of the story..
If you do a bad thing, you are bad. That's it. That's a straightforward answer. You can stop being bad by stop doing bad things. You can improve as a human and not be bad by being better in the future. That doesn't erase the past.

But you are doing what a lot of people do by making this super weird distinction all in an effort to avoid calling her bad.

"she can and will get better" That's in the future, not right now. If she did a bad thing right now, then she is bad. If she does good things in the future, then she is good in the future.

It's not that hard. You just want to avoid the straightforward answer.

@DrMono Are you able to read Japanese? Or are there other sources? Also, Makoto...

Dex-chan lover
I haven't had the time to read chapter 29 30 and 31 but the spoilers don't give me too much hope for Rio. What Kaede needs is a responsible adult, not a date.
I haven't read through 31 yet as it's locked behind a paywall but the thumbnail for it has already got me hurt. The chapter preview doesn't help either lol.

If you do a bad thing, you are bad. That's it. That's a straightforward answer. You can stop being bad by stop doing bad things. You can improve as a human and not be bad by being better in the future. That doesn't erase the past.

But you are doing what a lot of people do by making this super weird distinction all in an effort to avoid calling her bad.

"she can and will get better" That's in the future, not right now. If she did a bad thing right now, then she is bad. If she does good things in the future, then she is good in the future.

@DrMono Are you able to read Japanese? Or are there other sources? Also, Makoto...
I think that Tsubasa defenders would have defended the teacher if this story took place in the past and worked it's way up to the rape at this point there defending Tsubasa with points she herself tries to use and nobody fucked with it so the author doesn't even agree with them

Dex-chan lover
I think that Tsubasa defenders would have defended the teacher if this story took place in the past and worked it's way up to the rape at this point there defending Tsubasa with points she herself tries to use and nobody fucked with it so the author doesn't even agree with them
It's just straight up mental gymnastics with how many hoops these people jump through to defend Tsubasa.

She's bad because she did a bad thing. She can become good/better in the future if she does good/better in the future. Done. Not that hard.

@mgRdr

As a larger, societal thing, what she said is mildly predictable. Society does not expect males to be raped. Society believes that they are able to defend themselves and that if they don't, then they wanted it to happen.

She said those things, and those things match up with [Japanese] society.

For Tsubasa specifically, we've seen her talking about being in a relationship with Kaede to her friend, Momoka. During that conversation, she had said that Kaede isn't that kind of boy, isn't a "filthy" boy who engages in sexual things. That's chapter 9. When she found out what happened to him, she blamed him.

Fed-Kun's army

Jajaja yeah, for some reason i write makoto instead of kaede time and time again. Idk why.

Yes i can read japanese, i wasnt fluent at all and i haven't practiced but i still read ahead of translations from time to time

I just got done with chapter 29

Chapter opens up with Rio praising Kaede for being a quick learner and dismissing him for the day since his shift is over.

We now see Rio naked on a bes with a blanket as her only cover, and starts to reminiscense about Kaede's confession. She was surprised by it but chose to act like it wasn't a big deal for several days. Yet Kaede has been concious if it and even blushed when they made eye contact randomly.

She acknowledges that it can't be kept that way forever

Along comes a male with cups of coffee, he is semi naked with just pants on, he hands rio a cup and asks what is going on.

Rio replies that her part time worker seems to have a crush on her, the man asks if he is handsome or in the same age as her. She answers
he is cute but she sees him like a little brother or a nephew, and it's a highschool boy.

The man teases her and says she shouldn't play with the heart of an innocent highschooler, a relationship is not possible, but she is as popular as always.

She ask him to stop teasing her, Kaede may be cute, but she wants to have a healty boss-employee relationship, wondering if she was too familiar and gave off the wrong impression

Another day comes and Kaede is practicing making coffee, while he is at it Rio thinks that Kaede really is a good employee and maybe if she continues to ignore the confession it may be water under the bridge eventually.

Kaede hands the cup of coffee for Rio to taste test it, their hands brush but Rio is non the wiser, she drinks it and says it is better than last time. Shen she sees kaede she is really flustered about their hands touching. She is shocked by how cute he looks, but she stills reels in that she cant do anything, but realizes that ignoring the problem may not be possible at all.

The shift ends and Kaede approaches, apoligizing for saying something weird, "i like you"

Rio is shocked that he randomly brought it up, but brushes it aside telling him that it is not weird and she is glad he looks up to her.

Kaede clarifies that it wasn't a friendly "like" or that he looks up to her, he does like her in a romantic way.

Once again, Rio is shocked by his blutness his intense gaze and how cute he looks.

Kaede continues before she can answer, he knows that he is too young and sees him as a kid, not as a romance candidate. He doesn't want an answer, he just wanted her to know.

At this Rio seems to disconnect and wonder "why is everyone like this, why do you confess your feelings for someone if you dn't want an answer?" "If you didn't say anything we could've had a nice relationship" (wording here is kinda weird, but it seems to indicate both, if Kaede hadn't confessed they could've had a nice relationship as coworkers, at the same time it hints that if makoto hadn't said that he doesn't want an answer, they could've had a romantic relationship)

Shee reels back her thoughts (she calls them bad memories) and answers Kaede.

He may be confused and not really be in love with her, he can't really love her since He doesn't know anything about her.

Fed-Kun's army
I haven't read through 31 yet as it's locked behind a paywall but the thumbnail for it has already got me hurt. The chapter preview doesn't help either lol.
I am too invested at this point i haven't seen the pricing but i might bite the bullet just to know what is happening. Still i have yet to read chpt 30, i just got done with 29 and posted spoilers earlier in the thread. My japanese is a bit rusty but i think i got the hang of it.

Dex-chan lover
For Tsubasa specifically, we've seen her talking about being in a relationship with Kaede to her friend, Momoka. During that conversation, she had said that Kaede isn't that kind of boy, isn't a "filthy" boy who engages in sexual things. That's chapter 9.
Ok, fair enough, thanks for pointing that one. Now that definitely was gloat-worthy
...Still, I guess I have a problem with wording it as "defenders" who were in the wrong. Up until that point, she hadn't done anything wrong and did not need any defence or justifications for her actions. Sure, the literary shoe had to drop at some point, but the way she would deal with the revealations, even given everything we knew about her, was still not determined

Dex-chan lover
Ok, fair enough, thanks for pointing that one. Now that definitely was gloat-worthy
...Still, I guess I have a problem with wording it as "defenders" who were in the wrong. Up until that point, she hadn't done anything wrong and did not need any defence or justifications for her actions. Sure, the literary shoe had to drop at some point, but the way she would deal with the revealations, even given everything we knew about her, was still not determined
I mean, I get it.

To be clear, and I mentioned this earlier in the thread, I never previously had said anything bad about Tsubasa. I've been reading Spanish translations, which are up to chapter 28, so I already knew quite a while ago what was going to happen, so I wasn't posting anything bad about Tsubasa up until this happened.

So when I said "defenders", I meant right now, as of this chapter. I was fine with the people "defending" Tsubasa previously. As you said, she hadn't really done anything wrong yet. It's in this chapter that I don't think she's defensible.

Users who are viewing this thread