Sensitive Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Touching Hands

Supporter
To correct a misunderstanding, it is very clear that she doesn't understand that he was raped since he worded it in a way that was too general so her first assumption was molestation. He never properly outright said to her that he was raped after all.
Imo it's scary to think you can talk about rape in a "general way" without that being an extremely irky way of thinking
And still fits the fact that she sees everything as perfect so she minimized the tone of the worfds rather than "general way"

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmmm... so she likes romance and stuff but don't like lewd stuff? Hmmmm... at least is not something weird, I thought she had some dark past or secret there

Yeah, this is NOT going to end well. I love this series for shining a spotlight on female-on-male abuse because it's not a conversation that's taken nearly as seriously as it should be by mainstream media. So, I applaud this series for saying, "No, this would not be a fun and sexy time, it would be horrifying and traumatic with long-lasting effects."

With that said, I'm still eagerly looking forward to the comment section once the other shoe drops. The chapter it happens in will strike a nerve with me even if I already know what it entails due to that guy spoiling it a bit... but the comments will be absolutely god-tier. I'm expecting a lot of commenters to unleash the raw power of their Caps Lock key.

Double-page supporter
She isn't scheming like some thought, now you know more, and her mom seems like the sheltering type?

Dex-chan lover
Yep, there it is. There's the red flag.
Guys (and girls, everyone really), don't date anyone who is in love with the idea of being in love. No one's gonna end up happy in such situation when it starts to deviate from their imagination.

Dex-chan lover
All of the comments are saying how "pure" she is which is oddly putting Chasity in a high place. One can be "pure" and like sex with the one they love. It's concerning about how grossed out she is at sex from hearing by the other girls talk about it when she could obviously go "oh, I am the type to wait for marriage" or simply be asexual. Nothing wrong with either. Just..... concerning about how the comment section thinks "purity = virginity/not wanting sex"

Hoping the girl would possibly be the secure type, but she clearly isn't. This won't go well. Hope they start to introduce other characters that help mold MC into the person he needs to be.

Dex-chan lover
New tuition teacher eh? I sure hope it isn't the teacher from Kaede's past. Everything would be downhill from there.
At least her mom isn't the teacher that assaulted him.
I pictured him going to meet her parents, seeing that the mom was the teacher who assaulted him and then him having a break down... though I guess that can still happen if the new tutor is that same teacher. But I think it's less traumatizing that the girlfriend and teacher aren't blood related

Dex-chan lover
The tuition teacher is the one who assaulted kaede. This is canon event

Dex-chan lover
Man, am I looking forward to future comment sections. I can't wait to see the reactions to both the good and the bad things~

Supporter
She feels like everything is going perfect because he is going slow but he is actually pushing rly hard to try to deal with his trauma..... feels like a bomb ready to explode anytime soon....
I mean, he was clearly straining to maintain that hand hold at the station, so his "pushing rly hard" is probably not gonna involve sneaking in and out of windows or anything any time soon.

Group Leader
A new... tuition teacher? Yeah that's certainly just a throwaway phrase that has absolutely no relevance to the story we've been reading so far. Right? Right? T_T
It could be a misdirection. As can be the case with trauma, the hyper fixation leads you open to getting hurt in other ways, until the new ways stack up on the old. The author has set us up as readers to be sensitive to teachers/adult/adult women in this manga.

I think we are being misdirected away from this girl right here. She is more interested in her own ideal love and it hasn't really clicked how sensitive this boy is. The author includes some indirect ways to show us the moments of disconnect usually the black background and things like mismatched subtle expressions/reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread