Sensitive Boy - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - A warm person

Something that always strikes me when I read comments, is that many seem to forget how young and immature these characters are, damage notwithstanding. I don't think that some of the things that could potentially happen "make sense" or are "positive" from an adult perspective; but that's rather the point, putting these children in situations (often horrible) that even fully matured adults would struggle with, and watch them founder and fail and grow towards hopefully positive growth and resolution. What a teenager may seek to do to help a friend (violence for example, physical or otherwise) is a RATIONAL response chosen from a very limited set of options at this time in their lives; especially if they feel their friend is "under attack". At the very least they know he's wounded, on top of the damage he already bears that clearly is only superficially healed.

It's quite an absorbing piece of writing, and asks many if the right questions; lets see how they get answered.

As ever, thank you for scanlating.
Finally, a sensible comment that's actually focusing on the deeper meaning of the manga and how it's (probably) a story about a couple of teens learning about each others' lives and traumas, and hopefully learning more about themselves and growing up from them. Gettin' real sick of everyone being so goddamn cautious everytime a new girl shows up.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, what's the super dooper depressing twist of the café woman going to be for this deep and meaningful manga? Maybe she's also a kind woman who suddenly rapes poor defenseless boys, or omg...she's the original rapist with a new identity!

Or something along those lines, it's what I'd expect at this point

Dex-chan lover
I hope they won't be too hard on her. This girl really doesn't need to expect a Spanish Inquisition. (props to those who get the reference and reply accordingly)

Dex-chan lover
I really hope this is just the bros telling the ex to stfu about everything and leave the boy alone. They really dont need to be in each other's life anymore.

Dex-chan lover
YEAHHHHHH ROAST THAT BITCH, DO HER DIRTY IN FRONT OF HER SQUAD. FUCK ARISAKA, ALL MY HOMIES HATE ARISAKA. FUCKIN BITCH

Dex-chan lover
Just sharing my two cents of thought.
Some of these comments are so funny lol. Like yeah arisaka was in the wrong for doing the stuff she did, but like, what do you expect a 16 year old kid to do, there are adults that have their own stereotypes and need to go through things in life in order to get rid of them, then what is a highschooler.

Arisaka needs to learn that what she did was wrong. However, in that scenario where she was disgusted by the thought of kaede being a victim of molestation what she did wasn't a strong matter of right or wrong, she just reacted based on her perception which hopefully she realises was wrong, irrespective of whatever happens to their relationship. I do feel bad for kaede, it's just suffering for him atm but he'll need to learn to accept himself first before wanting others to accept him, and that's what going through that period of life is.

Anyway, thank you for scanlating this series on a consistent basis.

Double-page supporter
People forget that we're reading about teenagers here. They've only been around for a little over a decade. Most teenagers don't have the skills and experience yet to deal with heavy issues. Every single feeling and reactions that's been depicted so far is spot-on, however unfortunate it was.
So I can understand how Asahi is all Mama-Bear-you-done-hurt-my-baby mode and about to jump down Tsubasa's throat, and hopefully Izumi is there to be the sound of reason. Fingers crossed he won't go too far to the dark side.
Cafe Lady and yet to be revealed Home Tutor are a mystery for now.
Can't wait for the next chapters.

Double-page supporter
Anyone else feels like the inner dialogue fromt the MC is off? Like what kinda guy feels like heartache goes away just from being in a safe space? Also this guy straight up cries a lot. Like a lot a lot. Kaiji crying I get because it’s life or death shit and insane stress/relief. But this guy should be acting a lot more self withdrawn or self destructive as men usually turn pain inwards and do not seek comfort. It just seems like the inner dialogue is that of a woman in pain rather than a guy. Shit on me all yall want but I’m waiting for more mangas accurately to tackle the pain men feel in the way that men feel. This one only gets things like half right, if even.

Double-page supporter
I just hope this new girl isn't bad, my boy had enough, please let him heal

Dex-chan lover
sensei best girl.
images

images
images

Dex-chan lover
This manga is probably the most anxiety inducing manga i have ever read

Users who are viewing this thread