Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Sense of distance

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. Interesting. Cafe lady is currently in a relationship of some sort. Could be romantic, or sex friend. Either way, this will most likely conflict with kaedes statement on meeting a "proper lady."

Much like his meeting with the aromantic student, I hope his meeting with cafe lady is one of understanding. Especially since café lady herself truly does seem to be generally a good person.

I do believe her assertion on kaedes feelings not being love are right, personally. IMO MC is looking more for a trustworthy and comfortable woman, but not necessarily someone to love. I could also be wrong and it actually is romantic but... that's my prediction rn.

Aggregator gang
Rio's inner monologues are interesting and scaring at the same time. It's like in her heart is not totally discarding a possible romantic relationship with Seto. I hoped for a more straightforward rejection, to be honest. Their sentimental goals seem opposite, or at least too different.

Dex-chan lover
I don't like the author's afterword explaining Momoka's argument. It looks poorly done, and it also looked like Izumi's response of Momoka's argument being valid was sloppily done.

We, the readers, know that Momoka does not know the entire situation.

Asahi and Izumi know that Momoka does not know the entire situation.

Tsubasa knows that Momoka does not know the entire situation.

Momoka herself knows that she does not know the entire situation.

In that context, where Momoka does not follow up with the author's stated retort line of "It's not like that, right?", the most straightforward interpretation is that it's not merely her using a rhetorical formula. She didn't complete the formula. It looks like she's being serious because she doesn't know the full situation.

And it's apparently not just a cultural difference where I am unfamiliar with the Japanese formulaic rhetoric. The author said there were a bunch of comments that the author read, presumably in Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread