Serial Killer Isekai ni Oritatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Murderer and Malice Detection

Dex-chan lover
Where are you reading to get spoilers?
the official e book website. There are 8 chapters out right now but im not really planning on translating any for now đŸ˜…. I'm just hoping S~VHS or Rosmo will continue their work as I don't have the time or resources right now (too busy with work!), sorry. I apologize in advance to other people waiting for a new release from me.

edit : well this didn't age well lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Assume the girl is a standard crossbow trap.
  • In both situation, only MC has malice.
  • In both situation, MC knows where the attack is from.
  • In both situation, MC does not trigger the attack directly.

So if he can detect MC's malice-imbued attacks or whatever then he can dodge the arrow easily.
While whether the girl is part of the trap, MC know where attack is from.
  • Only when the girl is part of the trap that MC does not trigger attack directly but only need to send the signal. If the girl is NOT part of the trap, MC is the one who have to somehow trigger the trap by herself and that might consider MC's malice-imbued attacks by Hostile Detection and cause to react from behind mafia guy or both in front(main source of malice) and behind(the intend direction of MC attack).
  • Only when the girl is part of the trap that the girl who is actually did the attack do not have any malice toward mafia guy so his Hostile Detection did not react.

Tbh that's a really elaborated trap. Yes it's just a booby trap, but with human as a trigger. Really unnecessary.
MC should go read Detective Conan or something.

On the other hand, the kill is extremely satisfying. Human trash should die in agony.
I think laying a trap with malice would trigger the skill while using another person whom without any malice would fool the ability that also explain why he live that long because if a simple trap work he would be long dead.

Fed-Kun's army
So what happened with the nun? I get that she was probably saved off screen but it’s kind of jarring that the fact was hand waved away. Ah well, good kills so far.
eh I mean it’ll probably show up next chapter

Power Uploader
This was the only way to do it but I was interested in how she was going to do it. I had thought maybe he'd stupidly follow her into a situation where he's made immobile somehow. Which is I guess what happened.

Dex-chan lover
Seems absolutely necessary to me. Without another human in the way, the detection would probably detect the "malice" of the trap itself since it was set/activated with malicious intent.
I feel like his ability would not active so long as scumbag dude was the one that set the trap off and not someone else.
Like he trips a wire/opens a door and causes an explosion.

We know that so long as someone does it with hostility, he knows but if a trap is made just to be a trap, it will hit the scumbag.
Imagine someone made a trap just for shites and giggles, he activates the trap and dies.

Dex-chan lover
maybe a regular trap would, maybe it wouldn't. she didn't want to risk it.

Dex-chan lover
the next targets look like a yuri pair tbh, i hope they're scumbags so i don't have to feel bad for them

Dex-chan lover
I feel like his ability would not active so long as scumbag dude was the one that set the trap off and not someone else.
Like he trips a wire/opens a door and causes an explosion.

We know that so long as someone does it with hostility, he knows but if a trap is made just to be a trap, it will hit the scumbag.
Imagine someone made a trap just for shites and giggles, he activates the trap and dies.
That’s some pretty obvious malice right there, and would logically set off the detection. Your last example would work, so long as there was no intent for it to activate, but at that point you might as well hope he slips on a banana peel and dies.

Users who are viewing this thread