Seton Academy: Join the Pack! - Ch. 127 - Who's the Boss? (8)

Dex-chan lover
@Pringus Well, I was initially very dubious about Hitomi as it didn't seem appropriate for this type of story. But I also don't see Ranka as a serious romantic interest at all.

Dex-chan lover
honestly im somewhat getting the opposite vibe. i was thinking we were coming somewhat to a conclusion, but because they basically went status quo with the relationships, i feel a sense of "oh now he can still stretch it out as long as he wants...." plus lanka being the president now definitely gives leeway to atleast a few arcs. id prefer if it ended sooner, but I think its kinda hard to say if were close yet

not a fan of where things are going. at this rate I would prefer if jin realizes that he hates every species including humans and starts distancing himself from everyone until he finally becomes the leader of a cult thats wants to wipe out all living things on the planet or something. or whatever just not this shit

Dex-chan lover
I stopped reading around the time the Neanderthal girl showed up, but unless things drastically changed in the meantime (doesn't look like so going by the comments) this manga will either have an open ending or a Lanka ending. More specifically, that time when Jin first tried to confess to Hitomi and they ended up talking about Lanka was the exact moment the Hitomi ship sunk.

For the reference, the second pic is an entry submission for the latest swimsuit poll on the app. First place gets an animated pic and second and third places get another pic each. Hitomi didn't make it to the top 3, so the author tweeted the first one as thanks for the app users who voted for her.

Dex-chan lover
The good old Japanese, "if you don't hate me, that means you like me and that means you love me."

Argh the Hyena is really terrible. Just go away and take Hitomi with you, will ya? Shitty carrion-eater.

Honestly? This was a better way to salvage the arc than I expected. He doesn't hate Lanka, he even sees a couple of things he likes in her, but it isn't full blown I am falling for you shit.

I have to say though, the quality of the manga has been a bit inconsistent ever since the pages per chapter got limited to like 10~. Still has plenty of little fun moments, but a lot more meh mixed with them.

At least it seems the author has wrote himself some room for the stupid subplots that were tied to the romance.
Now Hitomi doesn't HAVE to shove Jin at Lanka to maintain her friendships with the club, and Lanka doesn't need to maintain author induced stupidity that Jin is head over heels for only her.

Which means we COULD have some more of the fluff that made this series fun, plus a few tolerable 'contests for Jin's love' subplots.

Or I am completely wrong and the axe is gonna smash down in the next 5 chapters leaving no one happy.

Users who are viewing this thread