Shadow Queen - Ch. 40

seriously wishing the prince won't be the ML,,,, i honestly don't want another aristia situation lol

thanks for the update!

To be honest I have never felt like he hated her. I know he says it at the beggining but the way it done It's looks more like he likes her as a man but as a king making her the mother of the heir = giving the horrible duke more power. And it was a mistake because he just doom his kingdom. That's how I read it the first time. Can someone give me which chapter it was?
PS: I'm not saying he needs to be forgiven the fact that he hurt FL doesn't change but as a king he just gave the duke everything he needed to stole the throne now that he has a royal blood grandson

Fed-Kun's army
@konaka Yeah to me it doesn't even looks like like he did something horrible in her past life except not loving her and maybe being too open about it. Which is understandable imo when like you said she was put there with the purpose of stealing powers away from him and that he probably knew that that Cecilia, the previous empress, was assassinated so that she could take that position.

lmao why everyone alrdy cancelling the prince bc from FL perspective. I would like to see more his perspective & reasoning for hating FL that time and if it's something understandable I can take it.
now i read some novel spoilers and I can say he's totally not guilty for this and it's just some misunderstanding toward FL.

Her stare gave me shivers :;(∩´﹏`∩);: look how affected she was, she resorted to her perfect manners
I’m a bit confused, I think this is the first time I see the prince (ML?)

The immediate hate for the prince is a bit overboard. We already know from the FL’s perspective that he was previously engaged to Cecilia but she was assassinated by the duke, so she had to marry him. It’s obvious that, even without the spoilers of him loving the FL, that if he hated the FL it would be justified. I mean, she came from the house of the family that killed his fiancé, and was forced to marry the FL most likely for political reasons. I can understand her trauma for being hated by him, but it didn’t appear that he did anything but express his distaste for her. It actually makes sense if they fall in love (again?) since the only bitterness they had in the past timeline was apparently a misunderstanding. They never had any actual discord between them, other than her traumatic memory of him hating her (which she shouldn’t have been surprised about).

Considering how there's bound to be a misunderstanding in the Prince's and our FL's history I'm more concerned with how he treats Cecilia. "Sorry. Now do what I say" like what!! That's not a proper apology dude!! Good on Cecilia for standing up to him

Cecilia really couldn't read the room smh. Obviously, the mc neither wanted to be sent off by the crown prince nor Cecilia herself either, the mc just wanted to be alone but Cecilia is probably too "good-hearted" and "caring" to see that yk what I mean 😒

OMFGGGGGGGGG FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER
I LITERALLY CHECKED EVERYDAY🥲
Thanks for translating

Like I know logically that the Crown Prince/ML was just reacting to his love being assassinated by FL’s family and yadda yadda yadda but come on...all we’ve seen of the guy is him being abusive af and not knowing boundaries so I think the dislike is warranted. Fck that guy

Double-page supporter
Novel spoilers
The reason he acted so cold was to protect Elena and her baby as there were spies in the palace. He was planning for a while to help her escape. Before he could confess everything to her she left the palace. When he found her she was already dead, and cried while saying "I'm sorry".
Baby Ian
"Ian." Ciel called the low-lying child, while looking down with a warm gaze.
The woman no one in the world remembered. She couldn't even leave a trace just because she was a substitute.
He didn't even know her name.
Ian was the only precious being she left to the world.
Ciel held back the sob:
“ Ian, your mother. She was the most beautiful and well-bred woman in the world. So let's remember. Even though she lived as a shadow, she was a better queen than any other. Only you and I should not forget, Ian. Do you understand?"

I'll read this for the plotting but I completely agree with @1ORIN too.

Also I'm tired of male leads with black hair. Occasionally blonde or white. Can't we get ONE red-headed or brunette male lead? Redheads tend to be the cheerful ones and brunettes are always the nice/gentle ones, and in real life those personalities would be way better as life partners anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread