Shadows House (Official Colored) - Ch. 202 - The Remaining Allies

I feel like Thomas can be half-trusted. I feel like he's not gonna throw another wrench into things and actually be on Kate's 'side'... for now. A temporary ally, enemy of my enemy and all. I don't feel like it's a bad thing that he's shown up.

However I do not feel like this will be permanent, and Kate should keep him at arm's length.
(Also Emilyko deserves all the bread after all she's been through.)

Dex-chan lover
Page 5. Emilico the orangutan is cute! I'm glad Douglas joined the team, since he's been immersed in this "world" for a lot longer, so the help of a senior can make a big difference (until now Kate only had help from other kids her age, and the only seniors were Mary Rose and Christopher! Experience is everything!)~:pepehmm:
P.s. Shadow Louise is fine, Patrick saved both of them and Kate already mentioned that she was "sleeping" during the party.
Thks for the translation~

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I guess Thomas is gonna be on a desperate path to get any form of revenge possible. Not that it sounds like that good of an idea to have him as an ally, at least not for long term.
Thomas and Anthony will duke themselves out. Let them have it!

Lou is alive ... so Louise is inside. I see, a partial morph.

I don't know, man. I feel like at best she's like Shirley now.
Maybe she's on Lou's scars.

Dex-chan lover
And we got our Team!
Is not much, but it's far better than being alone!
And, of course, we still have the hidden pair of Shirley and Rum!
The situation is absolutely terrible, but we are not out of options.
The problem is Thomas...
That man IS a problem, a VERY big one...
...But also, a VERY big chance.
Having an Adult on our side, one that has been pretty much cast aside and is desperate to improve his standing, could be quite beneficial if handled well.
But this would be playing with fire.

Dex-chan lover
Anthony is either very confident or very stupid to give Kate the chance to free Emilyko.

While we had seen John and Suzanna get drunk on coffee before, I never imagined that'd be an impetus for a Shadow to not "drink on the job", leading the pair to avoid the Special Coffee.

I'm of two minds about Lou being awake. On one hand it's reassurance for Kate; on the other, we'll need to figure a way for her to avoid being given Special Coffee from Anthony.

Thomas

And so the much anticipated wild card finally returns to the game.

The first question that ought to be asked is why did he come to Kate? Even assuming his primary motive now is to take down Edward, why her?

His reasoning could perhaps originate from two points:
  1. During Edward's 3-day Obligation around the island, Thomas' inspection of the Children's Wing allowed him to bait Sara into spilling her contacts with Edward...including suspicion and surveillance of Kate as a possible rebel.
  2. While escaping from the Great Grandfather's Wing, it's possible he witnessed Louise's rampage and subsequent quelling by Kate's group. That is, intent, means and willing collaborators to oppose Unification and thus the adults' will.
Either one or both of these would sufficiently inform Thomas that Kate has enough intent and means to take on Edward, useful for his purposes.

This is not to suggest Thomas will "serve" Kate. I don't know if he's loyal to the Great Grandfather, but he is definitely all for the Shadows House and will want Kate stopped after he's safe.

Kate

This is going to be a delicate dance with Thomas, especially because there's much she cannot let him know:
  • He mustn't know she's lost access to her troops. If that happens, Thomas will deem her useless and has more to gain from turning her to the adults and decry Edward's mismanagement.
  • By extension, she cannot let him know of Anthony's presence and hostility
Therefore, Kate can't have Thomas help her confront Anthony directly. She'll have to take care of the takeover herself.

However, Thomas can be helpful in other ways:
  1. Intelligence on the adults. If Thomas wants Kate's help, he'll at least have to divulge the hierarchy and divisions among the adults and information on Edward. Kate needs a leg up on the intelligence game to compete with Anthony, so this could be her way in.
  2. Use him to take out Lewis. From Anthony's own mouth, Kate now knows for sure he has an adult insider named "Lewis" (she never met him) and that he's not in fact Thomas' ally. If she can convince him that Lewis betrayed him to Edward, that'd be enough reason for him to go after Lewis and thus deprive Anthony of a major ally.
All in all, Kate needs to be able to maintain the facade that she's still in charge of the Children's Wing to Thomas while making use of him. She needs to be able to kick out Anthony before Thomas finds out the truth.

Man, as if Kate didn't have enough to juggle. And still some time until the next chapter...

Users who are viewing this thread