Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 4 Ch. 44 - To Come of Age

Double-page supporter
She may be a horrifying featureless eldritch abomination, but I have faith that Kate will not only find a way to fix Emilyko, but that she now also won't rest until she gets to the bottom of this.

Dex-chan lover
it was really nice to see patrick's and john's thoughts on ram. im sad she had to go :(

@lexy

Considering that their eyes are black like Emilyko and the rest of the faces later on, it would make sense if Shaun and Ricky were only making those expressions because they were also drugged.

That must be some good drank because all he did was a wave of a hand. They must be hallucinating and seeing something amazing.

@Lapan that’s f’d up. I was really hoping that Ram was alive somewhere. However, that could be it. It does kind of remind me of Snowpiercer; Class system and cannibalism.

The only thing I felt that was made clear earlier on is that they become one or something, soot and doll. However, they must move their way up before that’s a possibility I think. I was also given the impression that those who exist outside of the mansion aren’t made of Soot.

There are so many questions. Like where are these children’s parents? Or are the soot ppl made as well? Or what if it’s some crazy mess, like the soot took on the form of humans? I like that this is straightforward, but can leave me perplexed asf.

NOOOOOO!!!!!! They brainwashed the shotas and lolis!!!!

Though if that drink is based off of soot, wouldn't its effects come undone after they just drank some water?

Double-page supporter
CONSPIRACY THEORY: They ground up Ram and mixed her into the coffee :(

I have read somewhere in the comments on one of the chapters that the shadow people are maybe the shadows of the living dolls, and I strongly agree with it.

So here's my theory: I think the grandfather is some fantasy creature who steals children away and erases their memory. Then, he uses the human's shadows and create the so called "Shadow people". The coffee in this chapter might be a substance that the grandfather created that prohibits living dolls/shadow people to find out what he really does. Think about it: We've never seen the shadow kid's parents, (or rather very little of them, to the point that they're non-existent), nor have we seen if they have any other relatives such as cousins, uncles etc. The only exception were the twins we saw in the first chapter, but they could've also been stolen altogether.

All in all, the plot thickens and I'm anxious to see what's going to happen next.

Dex-chan lover
@KuroInfinity remember when rosemary got clinger into her mouth. They have to chugging her down with water soon. It could be more hard if that done later. A simple drinking water in everyday life not gonna work because other kids obviously still have parts that had brainwashed. They have to drink water till to the point to vomitting water or feel like drowning. It's terrible experience i guess

rams shadow dying could also be evidence that the shadows are created using the faces. the shadow develops a mind and personality by interacting with their face. because ram never talked to her she slowly lost her humanity and turned back into soot

If the author is being artsy this might be a reference to the jungian idea of the shadow, the unconscious parts of yourself that you reject. jung also thought that people could be overwhelmed and "possessed" by their shadow, but the healthy thing to do is to acknowledge the shadow and consciously incorporate it into your personality. Which gives me some ideas about how this manga might end

Dex-chan lover
All things considered, Emilyko is turning out to be more capable of a face than I expected.

Dex-chan lover
Unhappy Musing:

If
the Shadows are ultimately dependent upon the Faces for their very existence and the Face is sacrificed to sustain the Shadow,
then perhaps
Shirley had become aware of this parasitism and chose to die rather than to consume Ram,
and perhaps
Kate will ultimately make a decision herself to die.

Dex-chan lover
@KhalE But was she at least a really good coffee blend? All we know is that kids thought it was bitter.

Users who are viewing this thread