She Brought Up the Friendly Protagonist as a Villain. - Ch. 3.6 - author's note

This made me change my thoughts so much.
I feel bad that I never thought about thanking the author. Can someone guide us on how to do accounts to rate and comment on Naver?

I appreciate the author's hard work, I feel bad that they had to go through so much hate like this. I'll make sure to leave nice and supportive messages to her, along with other authors I admire so much. I do check the raws and read it most of them after finishing a chapter here but that's not enough, I need to do much more. I don't think the translation machines will translate the sfx but that's not a big deal. I do follow the authors on twitter tho (you can find their social medias on bakaupdates) but I never replied to them once, I thought they won't like foreigner comments flooding their page. So make sure to check their twitter and send some love! It's https://mobile.twitter.com/sdd_wt/status/1349573382124146690

Absolutely no one who reads a translation thinks the translation team created the manga. We thank them because usually they do it for free, we don’t typically thank the authors because we don’t think they will read it. Because it’s not on the OG website.

I’ve tried translation apps when mangas have stopped being translated, lots get lost in context, and don’t translate well.

Not to mention oversea readers are treated as an afterthought and sometimes have to wait years before a translation will come out. I don’t mind paying for official translation, but when even the author has no idea if a official translation will come out they are killing their fan base by forcing translators to stop.

But whatever I’ll just hope it come out on webtoons or something to read it.

The author doesn't deserve to be criticized when they work so hard to create something and they're not even gaining any profit from it. I'm thankful for the translator translating this, but the author deserves the credit when they're the one writing the story and doing all of the art in order to bring their story to life. I respect the author's wishes as this is their webtoon, not the translators. Since they're not gaining any profit from their webtoon, that naturally means they haven't received a contract for their webtoon yet.

I'll use an image translator here on out and respect the author's wishes, I'm glad that despite all of the bs they've received from some international fans that they don't hate us and are approaching the situation in a positive mature way, it's great to see that they're open to the idea of getting their webtoon being distributed legally in English one day. I hope that the author takes better care of their health and won't pressure themselves into working until they feel sick anymore.

The author is misunderstanding a lot of things.

Nobody thinks the translator made the series. We aren't stupid. We post comments thanking the translator because the translator is there to see it. We don't expect authors to read our comments, because most of them don't.

If the author's message had simply been "Dear overseas fans, I only see you thanking the translators, why don't you thank me?", they would have gotten a ton of replies thanking them! If we know you're listening, we'll say something. Some authors don't care about overseas fans and wouldn't appreciate foreign language comments on official websites, so we don't usually post there.

But instead, the author says "Nobody thanked me so I'm taking it away, you can't read it anymore." Of course people are mad!

They say "Just use image translation software." Do you have any idea how bad that software is? You spend all this effort making a good manga and you want it to sound like garbage to overseas fans? You want the title to be "She brought up the friendly protagonist as a villain"? Translation software says it's "I raised the protagonist of sunshine into a villain." Are you happy with that?

They say "Only individuals can translate." Do you think that's all translators do, is use that awful software? We hate the "translators" who do that. The only way we can experience the real story is when fan translators put in the effort to give us real translations.

Author, are you still listening? We want the real translations to continue, so we can enjoy the story. You want to be thanked for your work. These can both happen. But we aren't going to thank you if you won't let us read it.

Allow the translation, and I promise people will support you. It doesn't have to end like this.

Sometimes it’s just hard to access their work. I spend a lot of my leisure money on tappytoon, tapas and other reading services, I watch my anime on Crunchroll too.
With Japanese work I even buy full series of physical manga or light novels to binge. With Japanese stuff we can get a full volume at once so we can figure out what’s going on in a story. With Korean stuff it’s either unavailable OR costs an exorbitant amount and takes forever to update.
Also access is REGION-LOCKED. I can at least make a Japanese account on Japanese manga sites to buy non-english chapters but we as foreigners can’t even use Kakao.

I don’t think it’s okay to curse the authors though.
I feel bad that the author feels unappreciated but still...
There are cases when translation groups worked things out with authors like with Wordexcerpt. It would be such a good deal for fans. We can get lots of content at once and authors can get the compensation they deserve.

I feel bad for the author for getting so much hate when in fact her feelings are valid. It’s just poorly constructed which is understandable given she’s not a native speaker. As much as I’d like to read it on Naver and use the translating tools she mentioned, I can’t. First, MTL is trash. I always get headache whenever I use those translating tools in reading novels or manhwas. Second, it’s so hard to navigate on Naver. I guess I have to part ways for this manhwa. It was good while it lasted. I wish the author success. 💙

I'm sad for this post, translators are doing a great job and thanks to them I can read almost everything I want. Obviously I want to pay too but in Italy Korean manga aren't popular and there isn't anything I could buy to read so I HAVE to read things from translators. I hope autors and book editors understand and maybe in future create something like Netflix for countries like mine to let us read manga

If the author is reading this
I don't completely disagree with your request for foreign readers to use machine translation to read your works
I hope your work goes well
Also I do hope you are doing better now
It is important to work but your health is more important
Lastly you must know the cliche saying that 'you cant please everyone' so please don't take to heart every single negative comment against you

I am with supreme commander for his comment and j am sorry j never thought to give u a comment because your work is awesome. J tried today but you had already deleted you comic and that makes me sad.

i am very happy that the author decided to speak about this matter in a way that sounded better than before. i do understand from the author's view point where most the readers who read the series on md only commented their feelings about the series in the md site only and not going to the korean official website to wrote down their feelings about the series but it would be better if the author just approach the scanlation team to work together instead of asking us readers to use translation app. it's just going to make the author's webtoon sound bad with the mistranslation.

I just stumbled across this webcomic and the author's note. Did they delete it off of Navar? I can't find it.
Also, I don't know the details of how it works but do y'all think it would be possible for an author to post an English version of chapters on Navar (by partnering with a TL group or something)? Not just for this webcomic but for others that haven't been picked up for English serialization. That way they'd get views on the Navar page and intl fans could still read proper translations.

And my questions about licencing finally answered. I'm sorry, I have no idea it was that complicated.

Group Leader
@Nuerlia it's still there, if the link in the description doesn't work for you check the first comment or search 햇살 주인공을 악당으로 키워버렸다

Dear author, reading your comment I feel conflicted.

The reason why readers here don't thank the author is because:
1. We never expected the author to be reading these comments.
Most overseas readers don't expect to be able to communicate with the author. Many authors prefer to pretend the international community doesn't exist... or outright hate us.
The fact that you tried reaching out to us... Thank you! I know a lot of misunderstandings and miscommunications happen due to language barriers. But thank you for thinking of us and trying to communicate with us.

2. We know the translators aren't the one making the comic. So thanking the author here would actually be us acting as if the translators were the author. Readers aren't dumb, and these sites are fully operated by translators... We know that everything (if not most) is a translation.

Coming from an author perspective... The thing with using a machine is that... We don't understand what it is saying. Machine is horrible. It makes no sense. If you think the title was mistranslated, machines do it worse. A lot worse.
You mentioned not knowing English or knowing anyone who can help translate. The thing is, you found people here. I think the translators here would delight in being able to work with you "officially".

That said, as person to person, I wholeheartedly support you and your decision. I understand the frustration this could bring. That's why the reader in me and the creator in me are conflicted with each other. As a reader I am sad that we'd have to use machine translation -- I will probably stop reading here. I only found this story today after seeing all these posts. It's only three chapters, so I don't have an opinion of your work yet. As a artist and creator though, I fully emphasize with your situation. It definitely is an awful feeling for anyone to repost your work, and having those get more attention than your own post. I wish you good luck! Out of respect I'll stop reading here. Good luck to you! I hope everything goes well. Please take care of your health too!

Wow I feel so sad for the Author I hope their health gets better

I really enjoy this Comic and I will be sure to go onto Naver

I do not think the translators were doing anything out of malicious intent, but This author has gone above and beyond what's usually happened with Other authors before we the abroad fans usually get ignored no one has cared before to try and read our comments or reach out to us so I feel humbled.

Aggregator gang
if yall have time to complain why dont you have time to do it yourself?

You all don't have to criticize the author :/
If you're going to run your mouth, why not draw a cartoon/Webtoon/manga yourself? With good Quality also, not shitty ones, the Author deserves more :/

Users who are viewing this thread