She Brought Up the Friendly Protagonist as a Villain.

I'm so excited I'm so excited I'm so excited I'm so excited YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY Can't wait for more yayayayayayay 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Ugh another baby slice of life comic? Well, I'll give it a few more chapters, but this has been done to death.

Aggregator gang
Did this one actually get picked up or did it get dropped like that other Naver challenge manga about the saint that was framed and killed?

There's only three chapters and the synopsis is too vague 😭 I wanna know what I'm getting myself intoooooooooooooooo The title is CONFUSING! 😭😭😭😭

Ouch, we're deeply sorry mr author for reading your pirated one, we'll try to read it from the legal webtoon, for translator,really feel sorry for this is happening to u guys

Group Leader
Open letter to the author:

The fact that people are taking your manhwa and translating it only tells us one thing: There is an English speaking audience that you're ignoring.
The fact that your work's page in MangaDex has no official English links tells us another thing: You aren't tapping the afore-mentioned audience yourself.
The fact that you're so devoted to your work as to work from the hospital has absolutely no bearing on the fact that the production and distribution of scanlated English versions costs you absolutely nothing.

If you had the tiniest bit of business sense, you'd find some way that the readers of the English version can support your work, eg through Patreon or Ko-Fi. The only reliable way to decrease piracy is to make it much easier for your audience to give you money than not to.

PS: Sorry for not writing this in Korean, but... I don't know Korean. If I did, I'd be reading the Korean version. (And I'd also be avoiding your complaints.)

PPS: Can anyone legitimately quote this to the author? Or, better yet, translate it?

It is funny to comment on this considering we are part of the group this author seems to abhor...but nonetheless.

I also see it as murky. Agreed that those who make money off distributing/fantranslations are more than questionable, and those who continue to do so in a language that has an official translation are just.....greedy/rude/disrespectful/whatever you want to call it.

But for the ones that the fantranslations are from groups who purchase the work legally and then do free translations? All i see is giving the author's work more publicity. Heck I'm convinced that several official platforms like Webtoons, Tappytoon, Lezhin, etc follow these fan sites to help the research into what series to get distributor rights for. From there, if people decide to disregard the official translations that they can purchase/read in favour of pirated ones, then it doesn't make em much better than those who make money off of it illegally. Stuff like this is entertainment.....it's a privilege, not a right (at least imo). So readers...pay up! Lol

In any case, first time I've seen such a strong statement/aggression from an author.

Edit: @Random_Passer-by nicely said!

I can empathize with the author... I too draws sometimes and i hurt my back for carrying my patient wrongly (i was once a caregiver) that i have to underwent surgery (slipped disc). Affer that, I could tell that i cannot do something normal again... I cannot sit for a long hours now, cannot bend (need to bend knees just to pick something on the floor), my back is prone to pain and i don't want to risk my back to injure again and have another expensive surgery and Physical Therapy... I draw less and less time that my drawing style changes and become subpar. All the time im on bed (and jobless T.T). Now covid came we are now have financial crisis... My relatives are forcing me to work now. I know to my self that i cannot enter the corporate world (cuz im stupid, slow thinker, speech problems that grammars are verbally jumbled up) that's why i should look for blue collar jobs, but the problem is my back... Another plan is freelancing like going back to drawing, make a comic and post it somewhere to earn a bit of cash. Can someone recommend me what app, or website pay artist for their original work?

So im guilty as hell reading pirated comics.

Group Leader
@toomanywords Obligatory plug-in. While I already agreed with the thesis of that article, it was extremely useful in giving me the best vocabulary to communicate my opinions.

For instance: Why do I prefer reading pirated manga on MangaDex rather than legal manga on MangaPlus? Simple: The MP web-site is extremely difficult to use, I can't navigate with my keyboard, and if I attempt to pre-load the entire chapter by scrolling way down the images load out of order. This makes the PITAbux price skyrocket, way beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Ngl there’s sooo much stuff online like I could literally read books online for free without purchasing them (sorry authors lmao), I can get my textbooks for free online, it was normal to download music online for free, so like... if you can’t beat them, come up with a better strategy to make $$ :B (as in tapping into the foreign market, not choosing another career lmao)

This is a mixed bag for me. I'm aware of the situation and totally agree... if there are legal english licensed materials. I actually make a point to buy the official english versions, sometimes... many times, to the detriment of my wallet and budget. I'm seriously hoping and praying that some of the Light Novels start getting official releases as well. So as along as there aren't official releases I'll continue to read the fan translations, and when they are officially released I'll buy them. I won't deny that I love it when the fan translations are ahead of the official releases, I enjoy being spoiled. That doesn't mean I don't buy the official release though. I like being able to read ahead but always want to support the original work.

To be frank it's sites like this and fantranslators that get me interested in some of these mangas/manhaus and so on. Without them I'd probably not know about 80% of these since they are spread on several independent publishers rather than being widely available. So this is a mixed bag. I always want to support the author but without these sites we wouldn't have as much access to these.

Users who are viewing this thread