Shi ni Modori Oujo wa Ikinobiru Tameni Yuri Harem wo Tsukuru Koto ni Shita

Supporter
I hate yuri.
Because it often represents a fetishized and unrealistic view of how sapphic relationships work? Or because you think lesbians are gross?

Because honestly on that first point I feel it, a lot of yuri is designed for the male gaze and created entirely to fulfill a fantasy. It can get really weird just how incongruent the characters can become compared to what an actual woman is like. Tbf, that's true of BL and hetero romance series too, some people just can't write realistic people.

If you just don't like the idea of two women being intimate then lol.

Dex-chan lover
Because it often represents a fetishized and unrealistic view of how sapphic relationships work? Or because you think lesbians are gross?
It can get really weird just how incongruent the characters can become compared to what an actual woman is like.
True, after all everyone know that women are a hive mind and that they all act the exact same way. We all know that women dont act differently depending on their culture, the place they are born, their social status nor anythings else...

There is not such things as Yuri portraying women or lesbian weirdly. Women are just human, they come in all sort of way, their relationship with other also come in all sort of way.

Yuri, before western feminist swarmed it, had way less sex, and was a normal romance genre... The enjoyer did not like it because, contrary to you, they did not self insert in these story. They enjoyed it as a normal reader.

Most People enjoying Yuri did not enjoy it because of some weird fetish like you people try to pretend. Yuri was always a genre liked because it was sweet and chill. Stop projecting.

Supporter
True, after all everyone know that women are a hive mind and that they all act the exact same way. We all know that women dont act differently depending on their culture, the place they are born, their social status nor anythings else...

There is not such things as Yuri portraying women or lesbian weirdly. Women are just human, they come in all sort of way, their relationship with other also come in all sort of way.

Yuri, before western feminist swarmed it, had way less sex, and was a normal romance genre... The enjoyer did not like it because, contrary to you, they did not self insert in these story. They enjoyed it as a normal reader.

Most People enjoying Yuri did not enjoy it because of some weird fetish like you people try to pretend. Yuri was always a genre liked because it was sweet and chill. Stop projecting.
An interesting take. You're right that women aren't a singularity. You're also right that different cultures express romance, especially gay romance, in a different way (often those ways are built upon the idea that being gay is wrong and/or dangerous but still). That's not really what I meant though, I actually read a lot of GL series (and yeah i like to self-insert sometimes, guys self insert all the time, why can't I?). It's just that I've also read enough to have seen a ton of 1-dimensional series in which every character exists only to blush and kiss and ****, and have no real depth or humanity. It's amazing how much horny junk food gets serialized, regardless of orientation.

I wasn't insinuating that yuri exists exclusively for men, that doesn't even make any sense. In fact I was kinda tying into your point about the fetishization. It feels like a lot of series substitute horniness for good writing, and they seem to do this in a way that is intended to draw the hetero-man demographic in order to boost sales. Obviously this exists in het-romance series as well, perhaps I internally feel it's less notable because it doesn't feel like using sexual orientation as a fetish?

In fact, this series is that particular brand of het-oriented junkfood. The lead doesn't even like girls right? She's straight(or at least male-leaning bi, and possibly aromantic), but doesn't want to keep dying. So she has to fuck girls even though she actually wants to fuck guys. Tbh I wasn't even planning on reading the next chapter, it looks kinda funny but also kinda gross.

Of course, there are series that are just plain better than that. Many of the best romances I've ever read were GL. I'm just saying that it exists, however, I will reiterate that perhaps I was exaggerating the amount of yuri that does this. When I wrote that comment I was being pissy after hate-re-reading the bss in a GL(? the "straight" girl in the pair gets the gay girl's help to seduce guys she's dating. I hate series that make the gay girl into the absolute last option for love that the "straight" girl settles for. I'm getting mad again) series that seemed like it wasn't going to go as far as it did. I think ntr is funny, but naturally I still get hit by the ouch on the rare occasion that it manages to slip through my defenses. It's just that ntr/bss/whatever is usually applied to man characters so it just bores me instead of hurting me.

Anyways yapyapyap I know I talk too much.

An interesting take. You're right that women aren't a singularity. You're also right that different cultures express romance, especially gay romance, in a different way (often those ways are built upon the idea that being gay is wrong and/or dangerous but still). That's not really what I meant though, I actually read a lot of GL series (and yeah i like to self-insert sometimes, guys self insert all the time, why can't I?). It's just that I've also read enough to have seen a ton of 1-dimensional series in which every character exists only to blush and kiss and ****, and have no real depth or humanity. It's amazing how much horny junk food gets serialized, regardless of orientation.

I wasn't insinuating that yuri exists exclusively for men, that doesn't even make any sense. In fact I was kinda tying into your point about the fetishization. It feels like a lot of series substitute horniness for good writing, and they seem to do this in a way that is intended to draw the hetero-man demographic in order to boost sales. Obviously this exists in het-romance series as well, perhaps I internally feel it's less notable because it doesn't feel like using sexual orientation as a fetish?

In fact, this series is that particular brand of het-oriented junkfood. The lead doesn't even like girls right? She's straight(or at least male-leaning bi, and possibly aromantic), but doesn't want to keep dying. So she has to fuck girls even though she actually wants to fuck guys. Tbh I wasn't even planning on reading the next chapter, it looks kinda funny but also kinda gross.

Of course, there are series that are just plain better than that. Many of the best romances I've ever read were GL. I'm just saying that it exists, however, I will reiterate that perhaps I was exaggerating the amount of yuri that does this. When I wrote that comment I was being pissy after hate-re-reading the bss in a GL(? the "straight" girl in the pair gets the gay girl's help to seduce guys she's dating. I hate series that make the gay girl into the absolute last option for love that the "straight" girl settles for. I'm getting mad again) series that seemed like it wasn't going to go as far as it did. I think ntr is funny, but naturally I still get hit by the ouch on the rare occasion that it manages to slip through my defenses. It's just that ntr/bss/whatever is usually applied to man characters so it just bores me instead of hurting me.

Anyways yapyapyap I know I talk too much.
No this was a well thought out reply. Thanks for sharing.

Really though? Do you feel empathy more strongly for women, or just not for men who get hit with the NTR bus?

Supporter
No this was a well thought out reply. Thanks for sharing.

Really though? Do you feel empathy more strongly for women, or just not for men who get hit with the NTR bus?
...yeah lol, I empathize more with women.

I still feel a little bad for them when ntr hits men, but ntr usually makes me completely lose interest in a story whether it's to a man or a woman. So rather than feeling the second hand jealous burning in my throat I just think, "oh, well that's lame. cheaters suck." When it happens to a woman though I have less of a resistance since it hits closer to home.

Especially the bss type scenarios I mentioned in my previous post. I actually feel worse about bss than ntr sometimes. Like, you want something so bad but the other party just doesn't feel the same. Or they do/did but you fucked it up somehow. So you have to watch them find somebody that is the opposite of you, and you don't understand why they even want what they want. Since you never had them to begin with, you can't know that it wouldn't have worked, you just know you fucked up and lost your chance to even try. And now you don't know what to do because those feelings were never truly expressed or dealt with, but you can't stand the thought of burdening them with your one-sided love because you know they're with somebody else and even if it was mutual there's nothing you can do about it now... so you slip away from somebody who you used to hang out and sleepover with on the regular. And you don't talk to them. For the rest of your life. Ask me how I know how that feels lol.

Of course that scenario is totally possible for guys too, I just don't relate to guys enough for it to hit me the same even if I understand that the emotions are basically the same.

Ntr on the other hand is like, yeah that sucks guess this wasn't what I thought it was. I have absolutely no tolerance for cheaters, all my care and concern dries up in an instant when I learn of this kind of thing. I cut out my best friend, my dad, I just do not gaf.

Users who are viewing this thread