Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru ~Kensei to Matei, 2 Tsu no Zense o motta Otoko no Eiyuutan~ - Vol. 12 Ch. 108

Dex-chan lover
don't believe her mc, from B rank to the top are full of responsibilities and annoying shit, like compulsory quests, being called by fucking nobles or royalties, and worst, ppl believing that you need to save them because you have the power and that with power comes responsibilities...

Dex-chan lover
If they are pushing him this hard to be promoted there is no way they’ll let him have his freedom after being promoted. Also this guild master is very suspicious something is off about her.

Dex-chan lover
If they are pushing him this hard to be promoted there is no way they’ll let him have his freedom after being promoted. Also this guild master is very suspicious something is off about her.
just because she doesn't want to suck his dick on sight?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Hmmm the way they compiled friends and acquaintances he helped is like the story hinting it's almost the end.
After all, if he gets promoted then it no longer matches the premise and title, right?
But instead of S-rank, they should call it 'eth-rank' (Mike Tyson-like pronunciation) so it would still sound like F.

Dex-chan lover
I would love to see him flipping her the bird and leave
But according to the raws, or at least what I could tell, he will accept to join the tournament...

Dex-chan lover
"Yeah I heard you don't like trouble so I'd like to give you the most troublesome rand there is ! what are you going to do ? quit ?"

Tanks for the food

Dex-chan lover
In some stories, S rank is the most restrictive for an adventurer; literally being tied down to a country and required to respond to critical or national level crises or face capital punishment.

Gonna have to see how this plays out.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be surprised if they are treated like proper heros. Left alone, allowed to wander and do whatever and called in only when they are really needed. If that is the case, then I think he could do it.

Being s-rank is restrictive for him since he wants freedom. Then, there is someone who wants him as their slave. So, s-rank is not valuable for the mc.

Dex-chan lover
The whole system (or world building) is just messed up if they can't give that freedom that a f ranks have to any other rank.

What's stopping A-S rankers from just not doing what they're told from a noble? Stop them?

It should really be the opposite, F ranks the most restrictive and higher ranks less so.

Dex-chan lover
What.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are treated like proper heros. Left alone, allowed to wander and do whatever and called in only when they are really needed. If that is the case, then I think he could do it.
The norm on other isekai/fantasy mangas (including this one IIRC) is that higher ranks comes with more prestige, fame, honor, and money, but it also comes with the obligations to accept certain high ranking quests like emergencies, wars, noble quests, etc.

Since MC has forced himself to reincarnate 2 more times to AVOID being that one responsible guy being proclaimed as a hero/hope of humanity/monster-fighting monster, he is actively avoiding to get a higher rank in order to maintain his freedom. However, we (and Yuri) don’t know if S-ranks get an exception from this rule.

Users who are viewing this thread