Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 4 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
That was a fairly solid end to this arc. I wouldn't want this love triangle thing to drag out. And Kamiya seems to have resolved her feelings, I wouldn't mind seeing her again (with longer hair maybe?) later.

I'm still surprised that Shikimori didn't show any jealously this chapter, because she seemed to get jealous pretty easily in other chapters (even towards the male friend that one time), but I guess she just might be holding back here to be fair towards her "rival".

@FredFriendly That is an interesting point. I went to see the mangaka author's twitter, which is the only ressource available twitter . The closest thing I see to christian is some crucifix pendants in goth style drawings. I went until 2016 posts, nothing much.

Seeing this, I get the feeling that the crucifix is here to give some kind of emo/mysterious feel to the girl... I concur with @Roiya.

@Wreavant Yeah I'd like that too, especially how a christian could interact with japan modern agnostic/shinto society. Buccafé did well in this aspect, beneath the jokes you can see the modern attitude to the tradition/religion of buddhism.
If you don't mind me trolling, go see Saint Oniisan and you will see a middle aged christian (technically jew) guy in modern japan.

Un par de capítulos y ya me siento mal por la nueva chica, pero que bien que no se haya formado un triángulo amoroso.

Dex-chan lover
The " you liking the same person as me surely says something good about you" feel, while I personally won't take it word for word it Does give me a new perspective to think about. Nice, something else than jealousy can stem from this situations!

Dex-chan lover
@Fluffyfish: Yeah, one of the oft overlooked moment in youth drama is the resolution to the internal chaos, regardless of the outcome.
In this case Kamiya get to vent out her feelings and received consolation from Shikimori allowing her to settle the storm in her heart.
See also (some might disagree with me on this)
Suguha from SAO during alfheim arc.
She got a lot less attention in the anime which didn't help.

But her arc (I still think that SAO is basically Kirito acting as the paragon to help each arc's real main character(s) solve their issues: SAO all the girls, ALO Suguha, GGO Shinon, etc) is about the chaos in her mind after being told he's actually her cousin, and she started to doubt if her feeling is familial or romantic.

And I think Shikimori didn't get jealous because she could sense that Kamiya is trying so hard to hold back her feeling, and getting jealous at her like that would just be insulting coming from the already-girlfriend.

Dex-chan lover
What?! People being mature and settling their differences because they love the same person in a reasonably and dignified manner?! Impossible...!

Whew, crisis averted. I’m still having some issues figuring out who I want to win in Komi v Manbagi right now.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh we knew it wasn't gonna be an actual love triangle and if you did then where have you been for the past 40 chapters.

anyways I'm cryin in the club rn

I doubt there's any deeper meaning to the necklace. That kind of shot of a close up to a character on something like their dearest accessory isn't all that uncommon. And there's nothing particularly Christian either besides that.

But it's not just any cross either... Even as a Westerner I have never seen someone that is not clergy or old with a cross having a figure of jesus on it.

@Haikaka I've actually seen many many people wear a cross with a figure of Jesus around their neck. Its pretty common tbh. Might be more of a regional thing that you don't see it often because it may depend on the type of christians predominantly in your area. That style of cross is more distinctly catholic so I see a lot of Italians wearing it (also pretty popular with Greeks even though they're Orthodox).

Users who are viewing this thread