Shima-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Hase-kun

Dex-chan lover
always sucks to waste food, esp the stories of the employees who have to 'spray' the expired foods to prevent dumpster diving but at that point it'd be easier to just be like "we'll donate to charity for a tax write off" or "you can take these expired foods if you sign something that says you won't ever sue us if you get food poisoning" (although other than something like expired milk, some foods like bread i imagine would just be 'stale' as opposed to being 'dangerous' to eat, not counting like mold growth, and i imagine the 'benefit' of being an employee would be able to take it home anyways, other than the risk of someone signing up just to hoard a bunch of products)

Glad it worked out for him tho.

Dex-chan lover
Tough and sad but it's always the assholes who would and did sue charities/people giving away end-of-day food that's ruining it for everyone else. My friend is working at a bakery that (years back in early 2000s) used to give away leftovers to homeless people but was threatened by one because the leftovers gave him food poisoning, as in give him money or he'd sue/report to food safety organization. Now workers are still allowed to eat leftovers but only at the store, no takeaways etc. iirc only stale bread is reused as bread crumbs for some fried meat. Thrown away stuff has to be stomped on to prevent dumpster divers.

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me that these days there’s probably enough food in the world for everyone at any given day, but too often it is not at the hands of those that need them when they need it.
I don’t think I will be alive when/if this is ever solved. :ROFLMAO:

Also glad the former manager being a decent guy. Though skeptically, it’s always better to give a positive recommendation and build a good relationship than otherwise (unless the person is an irredeemable scum of course).

Contributor
Reminds me that these days there’s probably enough food in the world for everyone at any given day, but too often it is not at the hands of those that need them when they need it.
I don’t think I will be alive when/if this is ever solved. :ROFLMAO:

Also glad the former manager being a decent guy. Though skeptically, it’s always better to give a positive recommendation and build a good relationship than otherwise (unless the person is an irredeemable scum of course).
Exactly that. There is enough food being produced to feed everyone in the world.
https://www.wfpusa.org/drivers-of-hunger/

Dex-chan lover
always sucks to waste food, esp the stories of the employees who have to 'spray' the expired foods to prevent dumpster diving but at that point it'd be easier to just be like "we'll donate to charity for a tax write off" or "you can take these expired foods if you sign something that says you won't ever sue us if you get food poisoning" (although other than something like expired milk, some foods like bread i imagine would just be 'stale' as opposed to being 'dangerous' to eat, not counting like mold growth, and i imagine the 'benefit' of being an employee would be able to take it home anyways, other than the risk of someone signing up just to hoard a bunch of products)

Glad it worked out for him tho.
Iirc there's a place that donates the discarded food for animal consumption ie they used it to feed farm animals. Or maybe I just made it up

Users who are viewing this thread