Shin no Jitsuryoku wa Girigiri Made Kakushite Iyou to Omou

This manga i felt like reading cliched cultivation manhua.
Mc is part of prestigious family but he's considered trash and bullied, but in reality he has a hidden power, and is protected by a girl thats a genius and everyone respects and wants her to join their side. Also everytime there's random people bullying Mc and wants to pick a fight with him ("Courting Death!!"), and even with Mc kicking people ass, people dont believe he's strong.

@Fauchard

That definitely seems to be a trend in manga, manhua and manhwa -- they're all converging on that formulaic and repetitive narrative. Perhaps least so in the Korean stuff, but they're doing the "system" thing, like in China, to death. Not that it hasn't occurred in manga previously, but the prevalence of the "trash/courting death" setup and the "eeeeh? impossibiru!" panels in either setting seems to have become the norm across most fantasy genres.

edit: Come to think of it, it's almost replaced the shounen battle gets-beat-up-but-never-gives-in-and-powers-up-mid-battle trope (for example as in Hunter x Hunter or Bleach).

Pun

the fuck is this pseudo knighthood stuff. Dedicating yourself to a girl you met for the first time?

Dex-chan lover
When people got tired of when an op mc hides his power and makes the mc looks weaker, and what should an author do? Well of course they should make a story about how an op mc hides his power to the very last moment, oh I'm sure this won't be frustrating to read ಠ◡ಠ

Dex-chan lover
I'll give it a go, because of spear boy. Those generic fantasy stories need more spear boys and fewer sword boys. Swords are overrated vs obviously superior spears.

Generally, it's too early to judge the story one way or another. Although school bullying in the form of summoning a bunch of goblins to rape another girl is waaaay darker than the author probably intended.

Also, for some reason whenever I see goblins or hear about quests involving goblins in any story I can't stop imagining Goblin Slayer bursting through the door while screaming "Goooooblins!"

@AkodoRyu yup swords are over rated but since it's also a slashing as well as piercing weapon, the amount of stupidly overpowered fantasy moves it has surpasses the spear.

Dex-chan lover
@fauchard - RE: Noble Children saying MC is incompetent even after he kicked their collective ass.

Dude, you are aware that's true to real life, right? That there are a disconcerting number of people out there that are really that fucking stupid? Not to bring politics into this, but you do remember the fucked up shit that went down in the US capitol not too long ago, right? Fucking yahoos going through the capitol like they owned the place (well, maybe in a sense they do, but they share it with the rest of us), acting like they're the fucking hot shit just because some of the cops let them in and they think they're the Chosen Ones or some bullshit.

I'm afraid you got it all wrong, my fellow netizen. In a fantasy setting, there would be people who are just that idiotic. And an unfortunate number of them would be of the nobility.

Besides, as I mentioned earlier, Sun Tzu once wrote, "To defeat your enemy, you must pretend inferiority and encourage your enemy's arrogance." MC is doing a masterful job of this.

the hiding ur ability is ok if its not cause the authir says so but in 99% its cause the author says so and i read to many of that to read another one of them
cover looks good tho

Users who are viewing this thread