Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

Lit is definitely getting bigger in her chest part,red probably already took her chastisity (* ̄︶ ̄*)hehehe

Dex-chan lover
@Assaultsquirt
The most prominent Sage of their time, the one in the Hero's party, is a pretty good view of how Sages should likely be, IMO.

Being forced into a life is shit. I know people want structure, I'm fucking one of them. The reason I want structure is because I have free will. The 'protection' is pretty much forced slavery, not structure. Quoting one individual, an outlier even, working with a bad 'protection' does not counter my point:
Logic dictates roughly half of the population is unhappy with their 'protection'.
Ademi had to resort to fucking drugs because he hated his 'protection', and look what that resulted in. All is not fine when logically half of everyone is suffering under compulsion running directly counter to their free will.

You are misunderstanding my usage of 'job'. A job is not just the task one performs, but also the recompense earned. You are talking about tasks; no shit nobody wants to suffer sewage for shit pay unless absolutely necessary or voluntary. No shit almost anybody would for tons of cash. Society is what it is, and changes slowly. There are jobs enough for everyone, but like you said nobody wants the task for the pay offered. You just confirmed my fucking point.

Edit: for clarity

@Kiyan19
There are issues with our free will as well. It can be affected by various conditions or chemicals. But generally, I think most would say they act of their own free will. In this fictional world, everyone is constantly having their free will impacted by their 'protection'. It's like if everyone in our world had Dissociative Identity Disorder, with some lucky people just by chance having everything align with their will regardless.

Edit: shit, tagged the wrong person. Sorry flannan.

Dex-chan lover
@eyeman325 - remember, kids, don't get involved with gods.

@cor3zone - any job that doesn't pay enough to live reasonably well in the locale it's to be done, might as well not exist.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan
I wholeheartedly agree. Fortunately, I live in a country with an actual living wage as minimum wage. So I might be biased, since I didn't really consider that aspect.

Still, there are still jobs with at least reasonable pay that people won't take.

@Inuzuka
Yeah, and? The thief didn't use the handle of the axe or the blunt side of it to lessen the odds of killing his victims. I don't know what your main point is.

@Digi-Lib This is a world in which your divine protection decides which weapon you use, a thief would only be able to fight at full strength using daggers, not an axe. Was the thief holding back by using an axe? No, he was trying to kill his victims. Both the thief and the boy used an axe despite neither of them normally using axes and they were both compelled to hurt people. The boy not managing to kill anyone with an axe doesn't mean he was holding back either, it just meant his level was low. You're overthinking it if you think the boy was trying to lessen the odds of killing his victims.

@Inuzuka Oh my god, are you arguing for the sake of arguing? I never once said he was "holding back" only that maybe he fought against the violent impulse and instead of using the blade of the axe, he used the blunt side. It was stated in a previous chapter that due to his protection, he became violent. The kids even said that before he discovered his protection, he was a good kid, but when he discovered it, he became a bully. Also, have you been reading a LN or WN version of this story? If not, you're just wasting my time.

Supporter
Probably some of the worst outcomes for the rando class system [note, not 'job' in the traditional sense. Someone used cook vs teacher, but a you could teach cooking, and b) you could still be an okay teacher anyway and be happy in life w/ your protection if you cooked at home and were appreciated by family & friends, etc] is when it breaks the nobility system that of course exists: The byblow kid of a bandit w/ a single mom getting 'King' or 'Emperor' (which I'm sure the current king would just "love") w/ the son of the local king getting bandit/thief/berserker/fighter (I still prefer brawler as Adami's class translation) or hell just getting something ordinary like farmer; a princess getting 'prostitute' or 'courtesan' (a "good path" of this type of job could be that she'll just good in bed cause of sex skills and is therefore more desirable as a , not someone who sleeps around) or 'dancer' or something; and here, the son of the captain of the guard getting what is effectively 'street punk' or 'ganger'. It'd be one thing if kids got a randomized list of classes to choose from, at least they'd be able pick something that could be workable, or if the jobs ended up with a class promotion tree.

And as always, having a class that has somewhere between low & high level brainwashing combined with combat being the only way to level your class is just f'ing a terrible system design.

Just glad that the dad is a cool dude.

As for the system, of course it's shit and imperfect.
Even irl systems are shit, so how much more could fictional ones be?

Users who are viewing this thread