Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
Well I am happy that this moron is suffering because of his bad decisions, I still await the day he falls into a despair hole only to remember the scene where he got rid of the "actual" reason he was effective and realise how much of a weakling he is.

Dex-chan lover
@newboi Her divine protection compels her to save anyone and everyone around her. She probably couldn't help it. I mean she blew his guts open a few chapters ago for kicking out Gideon yet she revived him because her protection is forcing her to.

Honestly that's a really nice concept of being a 'hero'

An often unnoticed compulsion of the 'Hero' divine protection is to nonchalantly expose panty shots during action sequences.

I still think that the little sister is stupid, do you even need sage that much?? 🤔
As long as you have enough power sage is unnecessary member

@Hayashidayuki yeah, The Hero can't, but someone else can. But, from this chapter it's clear no one want to do it, everyone it's just like "meh, whatever."

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme By that logic any support roles that don't have combat capacity would be kicked out of party e.g. healers etc. and thus role of rearguard would also be unnecessary. I don't think that party's point is go for "one for themselves" - though surely Hero here can fight alone and compared to her all others are cannon fodder.
Suit yourself.

Dex-chan lover
@Okama-Sanji Isn't that the very logic they are following? When Ruti saved Ares, it didn't look like an act of systematic protection, more like a chance since she could do it and it would be highly inconvenient if the sage died right then and there. That's why she berated him. Probably when Gideon was still relevant, things were different, because it was his job, with his much higher level, to keep the others alive so that they could level up.

You know, when he was such a guardian figure for them in the beginning, have you considered how mentally burdensome it would be for Gideon to keep fighting together with them when he wasn't anymore contributing to the fights directly, after years of doing it, but instead became someone who needed their protection? That wouldn't be psychologically easy for anyone. The best solution would be to hit the road and let the others find their own way, not be tied down to him anymore.

But yeah, suit yourself as well.

Dex-chan lover
> Ruti: "I wonder what onii-chan would say if he was here..."
Hmmm, maybe, Tadaima....
That time, i will will teary eyes for the reunion

Can someone tell me what is their divine protection and quirk/weakness for the sage?

For example, Gideon have locked high mid range level for his divine protection. His weakness is his locked level. Quirk?

The hero is well, the hero. Power, level, stats. Unlimited potential. Weakness is sense of justice. Even for the sage. Quirk is suppressed emotion.

Double-page supporter
A battle between demon factions in the underworld. Spicy.

Dex-chan lover
@knobturn

Rather than "quirk", Divine Protections canonically have impulses/compulsions. You need to act like your class, even if your personality is different.

For example, a Thief needs to steal sometimes even if they want to be righteous.

In case of Hero, they must help anyone in need. Suppressed emotions aren't part of this, it's just that Hero DP removes every possible weakness.

For Sage, his impulse is basically to give wise advice. Even if he isn't actually wise...

For Guide like Gideon, his impulse is to "help the Hero". Ruti is actually very worried, what if her onii-chan is only good to her because of Divine Protection... However, Gideon reassures her that he didn't get any impulse for a long time - since the Hero is strong enough, he's actually free from his "role". So he's acting as "Big Brother", not as "Guide".

@Thiron
So, the same as the sage class from Murabito Desu ga Nani ka?
Is douchebag a class trait to?
Hmmm... I must have miss that D&D update😏

Dex-chan lover
@knobturn Gideon doesn't have a weakness (as far as "locked level cap" goes), he simply doesn't have the amazing stat gains of everyone else. The best analogy I can make is by comparing them to Pokemon. Gideon started off as a level 30 Glalie, with straight 80's across the board for stats. Not bad by any measure, but certainly not amazing. He can't evolve anymore, he's stuck as a Glalie forever. Meanwhile Ruti would be comparable to a level 1 Arceus, a Pokemon with 120's across the board. However, she's only stronger when she makes up the level differential, as is the rest of the Hero's party.

As for Sage, they're not destined necessarily to be douchebags, but the compulsions for the class make it very easy for them to be so. They're naturally egotistic and lust for power, which doesn't mean they're destined for asshattery, but couple in other personality flaws on top of the compulsions, and you get someone like Alex (or Ares, the translation switches between them for whatever reason). He wants to be seen as the smartest, most valuable member of the team, bar the hero, and he wants to marry her to restore his lineage's glory. Those are all because of his compulsion AND his terrible personality and circumstances.

Dex-chan lover
Just because u have high int doesn't mean u are smart dumbass sage go and die

Users who are viewing this thread