Shindou Yuusha to Maid Onee-san

Not a fan. Also, he clearly doesnt have a huge compunction about killing, why didnt he butcher those capital city fuckers for crucifying him?

So this story currently has 4 LN volumes, and it seems to be nothing, but ecchi, healing, and some combat.
If this story is nothing, but teasing and ecchi for 4 volumes this can't be interesting, since that kind of theme gets old fast; unless there is some kind of smut in there at some point, but I'm unable to confirm this...

Double-page supporter
I'm not sure how I feel about this one.
Not a big fan of MC's that have been horribly mistreated but remain soft rather than going for the edgy revenge route. Just kind of unsatisfying, better tone down MC's past if he's not going to seek retribution.

I like the dynamic with his harem, something like this really does only work if it's /ss/.
The overly aggressive women vs the awkward and shy boy that runs away from nudity is only cute and entertaining if it's a shota, tired of the endless adult protagonists that scream at their love interest to get dressed whilst furiously blushing.

@Degernase I am kind of leaning towards your thinking with this one. I don't need a revenge story but telling me the MC suffered such torture then remains this pure boy ignorant of sex is rather annoying. Denseness is something I will always hate in anime because its the so unrealistic especially here where its obvious they want to bone him yet he writes it off as teasing. The harem dynamic would be nice if he was open but not a fuckboi about it. it makes me think manga authors don't know how to write a male actually open to female advances without turning him into a degenerate about it. I will agree that someone who went through what the MC has and then being nervous around boobs is the dumbest part of this series.

Double-page supporter
@BraveHeartedHero
The harem dynamic would be nice if he was open but not a fuckboi about it. it makes me think manga authors don't know how to write a male actually open to female advances without turning him into a degenerate about it.
I agree, one of the worst tropes we keep seeing over and over again. However I can forgive it if the MC is basically a prepubescent child.

someone who went through what the MC has and then being nervous around boobs is the dumbest part of this series.
MC doesn't act like he went through any trauma at all, but the mangaka still wants to make a big deal out of his dark and tragic past. Is it just so the reader pities and sympathizes with the MC? To make him look heroic for ignoring the betrayal and still wanting to help everyone out?
Just like when he let that thief live, despite destroying their precious garden and cut MC's head off. But nah just let him leave, gotta show the reader how righteous and benevolent he is.

It's lame and lazy story-writing.

@Degernase I can forgive the trope if the character is young or a child. That is a natural reaction. This MC doesn't come off like a child in any instance aside from the fan service moments yet he brushes off having his head cut off so easily. The contrast is too jarring. The stuff about how righteous he is is done to make the MC look good but it doesn't make them likable. I just find him kind hollow but thats what these tropes produce.

Double-page supporter
@BraveHeartedHero
The stuff about how righteous he is is done to make the MC look good but it doesn't make them likable. I just find him kind hollow but thats what these tropes produce.
Yeah don't get me wrong, that's just what I'm assuming the author is going for, not that he successfully evoked those feelings.
Like you said the MC just feels hollow when you force these events solely to solidify his archetype rather than having his personality come to light over the course of multiple arcs.

It also came front loaded with a harem so the author seems to be going with the "These are the characters and this is how they behave, now lets have them do stuff!" approach, instead of developing things over time.

Group Leader
@KaiserZ
Will you do chapter 0?
Other language group has doing it. Official Volume 1 also provide Ch0 as first chapter.

@Degernase
Don't forget the "let's draw a boy but make him look as girly as possible" and draw him wear legging lookalike with garter strap too.

For what reason? idk, woke point, I guess. How are they expect us to believe that he's a veteran fighter.

@chaonightmare nah fam, i don't think it for the woke point. most japanese doesn't give a fuck about western bullshittery.
i think it pretty natural for a manga (or hentai) in shota genre to make the subject as pretty (kawai) and innocent as possible.

never understood shota mc in these type of stories, guy hasn't even gone through puberty yet he in a harem. lmao

Dex-chan lover
a girlish looking shota boi which like he didnt hit puberty yet, who was once a hero, have slain the demon lord, unfazed even when decapitated.... but blushing everytime a woman making advances on him, like really author?? is the MC a little kid, or young adult with little kid body that act like a teenager in puberty?
if this is hentai, sure whatever you want. but its not hentai. 🤔

@zuflis11 Right? like i've been tortured countless times suffering because i can't die, rejected by the people, afraid of killing anyone that comes near me, but hey look TITS, nice.

Users who are viewing this thread