Shingan no Yuusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Soar High My Log!

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius If sky pirates are a regular thing then the ships aren't that rare, also, I have a feeling that the only real obstacle to building more airships is quality air gems, and the history of our world doesn't involve magic(to my knowledge).

Contributor
When is he getting a. Log that can stretch like Sun Wukong?

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Technically, "piracy" is defined simply as the act of robbery or criminal violence on the sea, so it could be argued that the mere act of stealing the ship makes them pirates, albeit sky pirates as opposed to traditional seafaring pirates.

That said, I went back and skimmed the previous chapter; the ships don't exactly seem that uncommon, as there's a side note that mentions that air pirates can operate legally so long as they don't attack merchant ships or carriages (so, presumably, this world's version of privateers) and the one they come across is merely the most famous air pirate. I agree with your assessment on the quality of air gems being the main roadblock for air ships being far more common, but with regards to the ship's barrier being incapable of defending against the ship's ammo, I'd stand by the logic that the return shot was far faster and more powerful than the initial shot, which is why it broke through... Of course, this is a comedy series, so we're probably doing something wrong by overthinking it so much.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius Thanks for the info, I knew what privateers are, but I didn't know the word pirates had a definition like that.

It seems like an issue with the defensive spells design rather than mana levels, but why would they design the spell with a limiter like that? Maybe so it wouldn't overdraw the "engines" mana?

We're definitely overthinking it, this isn't the Nasuverse where everything has an explanation if you look for it.

hahahaha this series just keeps getting crazier with its wood jokes xD

Dex-chan lover
@Kisato I believe he already has. As I recall, when he got the holy log with the wood spirit, she mentioned how she can change the weight, length and size of the log within the boundaries of her available power.

@Sokers what the fuck is 'xmmmm'? I see you and a couple others post this in nearly every comment section. What is it even supposed to mean?

Double-page supporter
This was kind of painful to read.. It's a Duchy not a Dukedom. I really don't know why so many scanslators get this wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread