Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 33 Ch. 132

Double-page supporter
To the people who say Eren is right is retarded. He's just doing what he's gotta do, also rip hanji and the scouts. Best damn group of soldiers I've ever seen.

Floch is based as hell, honestly I'm glad Hanji died she got pretty annoying these past few chapters with her trying to stop the rumbling and being against it.

@0DvGate take it easy bro. You said that people who believe Eren is right is retarded because you only saw it from one perspective. This story is not binary, that only have right and wrong or black and white. From Eren perspective, he is justice since everyone outside of Paradise Island want all child of Ymir to be massacred, and he didn't want to let this happen. That why he said in chapter 121, if someone going to steal his freedom, he did rather steal theirs. If you in his shoes, and someone want to kill you, your family and exterminate your race till no one is left behind, can you still sit down and let it happen? Can you said that this is the price you had to pay for your ancestor's sin just like the royal said(which Eren call as the path of suicide)? . You should read chapter 131 again from Eren perspective and understand what he truly want is exactly the same as during his childhood (see the ocean, visit land of ice ect...) And if you read chapter 100, you can see that the Marley try to make Eren as a scapegoat by blaming him as the mastermind which we can conclude that they don't want to seek peace with the people from Paradise Island by telling half truth. As for Hange(RIP), she want to stop Eren which she consider his action as wrong. But she doesn't even give a single solution for the main problem which is the Marley. Do you think that if Eren was able to be stopped, the Marley will just accept the child of Ymir and let bygones be bygones. Of course not (If the author let it end like this 🙃, well it is up to Isayama Hajime). And Magath(RIP) and his soldier(Annie ect...) can't change this even they themselves want to seek peace with Paradise Island because they are just Eldian(except Magath) which do not have any political power to voice their opinion.

As for the Marley, I think you already know their reasons(revenge) that justify their actions. You can say that they are also right from their own perspective.

PS
(I believe whatever the outcome, Eren will be the winner in a sense as stated by Grisha that Eren will get what he want)

Kinda weird at the end. I'm sure some of the Scouts would've sided with Eren. I guess it's only what Hange imagines in her death, but still, weird scene to show.

Aggregator gang
Interesting. The Japanese version of Valhalla.

In most, if not all warrior pagan societies, there usually is a place for the dead warriors to gather after death.

This is pure and unadulterated paganism. That is all the Japanese culture, more closely: manga industry can come up with.

How much in spiritual darkness these people are.

Aggregator gang
@Eeliejun Two possibilities. Plus one.

1)It was an ideological decision on part of the author to skew our perception. "Mass murder is wrong, mmmkay?" so he subordinates everything to this theme.

Meaning: Isayama really badly wants Eren to fail (at some point).

2) Possibly in pagan afterlife, everyone is eternally a smiling idiot, who pats you on the back for everything you have ever done. Quite creepy, if you ask me, it is actually a form of Hell. So Isayama just channeled this (traditional? perhaps.) view.

+1) Both.

Lux

Power Uploader
@Reichenberg Or maybe, just maybe.... it's just metaphorical and symbolic, a callback to few chapters ago when Hanji expressed her resolve in not disappointing the fallen comrades who """are watching""". Hanji was weighed down by the responsibility of being the SC commander, now that (in her opinion) she has carried out her duty till the end she can go without regret and look at her predecessors in the eyes.

Was it only in Hanji's head in her last moment and her comrades wouldn't have all agreed with her? Or maybe everyone would have agreed in stopping Eren? What if instead it's all real and she met her comrades again in some afterlife? It's supposed to be an ambiguous farewell scene for Hanji, the reader depending on their beliefs can interpret the scene however they want. Not an attempt of the author to twist the reader beliefs and not a confirmation of afterlife either. And in any case the focus of the scene is on Hanji's character and not on which kind of afterlife or spiritual belief or whatever lol.

Aggregator gang
@Lux Yeah, could be.

so, according to this, afterlife is just a self-fulfilling illusion. "You can have/be whatever you want." We dont know for sure, maybe its all in Hanji's head... except Hanji does not have a head anymore, being squashed to bloody pulp.

it is interesting that - following this thought - Isayama sort of leaves it hanging. "Maybe this, or maybe not." Even though its a little bit stretching the laws of physics. Nobody can have that elaborate of an illusion in the last milliseconds of his life.

Or it can be that Hanji expected this, and it indeed came true. So, back to japanese Valhalla territory. 🙂

Aggregator gang
One thing I dont get. Hanji saying to the cart: "are you sure you want to stay with us? Even if we stop the rumbling, there is no certainty for Eldia's future."

Why would there not be certainty? The rest of the world is dead, only Eldia remains. The war is won.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone's like "lol, there's no afterlife, this is bullshit Isayama", in a series where all the members of a specific race are connected via "paths".

Power Uploader
@Reichenberg

Yeah, I know but it feels so stupid and there would be no reason they would not join Eren. It feels really forced. Also, I would not know how they could even stop Eren without it being stupid. Because I bet it will be the scarf or something that will make Eren stop or something. Even if he stopped right now in the end they would attack the Island for revenge so ugh...

For the second point, it could be but doubt they would like you much if you went against the pagan customs in your life. Yeah, it is some sort of hell even more if you feel like they would not have seen it your way and judged you for it but still don't understand why the girl that is obsessed by titans would back a plan of killing them all of in the end. If I look at early chapters you would think she would be a big supporter to keep the titans alive and maybe even become one. It feels that all needs to change to fit in a mold that was never meant for the char.

Users who are viewing this thread