Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 33 Ch. 133 - Sinner

@JianNg

Yeah, even assuming the airships are filled with hydrogen, they would not explode even when stuck with a fireball unless you go stupid and make the balloon itself out of a flammable material ( even Hindenburg did not explode , it just burnt out and let the hydrogen out to a open flame :p ). And better not talk about helium filled airships, that at best would lose some bouyancy if hit ( because those kinds of airships had separated ballons inside for control ) . Not mentioning how hard is to hit something in the air ... there is a reason why flak guns just spray and pray :p

But nothing of the above will contribute for explosions around Titans, so the author will disregard it :p

@mirai99
They can't be controlled but most likely, an Eldian/Ackerman hybrid could at least be able to go to the Path's world (they are able to at least get access to it and get their battle experience from it)

Also it has never been said both Levi and Mikasa come from pure Ackerman blodlines.
We know that Levi came from an Ackerman women and Eldian men but for all we know, both Mikasa's father and Levi's mother could have been conceived by a similar mix.

And thus, they can get access to Paths that way (in physical/mental form) and no just use the 'fighting experience' from it

I want to see a glorious flying Falco titan airdrop Annie in, just so the weebs will fume 😍

Flying titan has already been briefly mentioned and hinted at multiple times. Also the kids could've just gone with main squad on the plane-ship instead. Only reason for the separation is to set-up a cool comeback sequence and y'all getting mad over it? smh

Aggregator gang
Umm I don't know about the whole flying titan thing. I feel a lot of shit was going on for there to be a time to foreshadow it more properly (same for Annie's copy titan ability), so I'm kinda waiting for this to go in a funny way and for them to fuck up.

Based Eren going "get the fuck outta here with your talk no jutsu" was hilarious tho.

Double-page supporter
@Kampfarsch
I started this manga two months ago and cought up last month. It's all still quite fresh in my memory. I don't remember anything about the female being able to copy other titans. Her abilities seemed to be minor hardening and "enhanced hand-to-hand combat abilities".

Double-page supporter
@A-tan
There's been several ancient paintings/carvings/depictions of the original 9 titans. There has never been a flying one shown. My asspull senses are tingling.

"OmGeRd, FlYiNg TiTaN iS aN AsS PuLl"

Last couple of weeks: "Man, what's with all these panels of birds flying and staring at people? What could all these bird panels mean? Is that Erin secretly spying or some kind of foreshadowing?"
Falco is first introduced longingly and dramatically reaching up at birds in the sky while laying in the trenches.
Go look at chapter 129. His Titan form has a BEAK and TALONS. I think on page 34 or 35 he looks like the CHAD version of big bird from Sesame Street.
FFS his name is FALCO!

But the female titan powers is an ass pull, right? You know, the versatile Titan that can harden her skin , use the "Roaring" power to attract/command other Titans like the Founding/Beast Titans, increase her biting power like the Jaw Titan, and encase herself in a crystal like the Warhammer Titan.

Like, since when could she use other Titan powers all of a sudden? What an ass pull.

Fed-Kun's army
So it is essentially Zero Requiem after all, just posed as a challenge: if you want your future, come and take it from me. Here's your chance to prove that you can.

Aggregator gang
@tanukihat Thanks dude. I have a pretty good memory myself, but I haven't re-read the series to confirm those pieces of information. I did also think they were last minute asspulls, even If people want to claim Falco having weird "foreshadowing" dreams before as an enough justification for it. Personally, I do still think these could have worked If they were foreshadowed earlier on, but they weren't.

Even Annie's hardening can be explained by how Eren's worked. Actually that's how I thought she got it, by consuming juice from another titan. Saying she can copy them NOW* seems kind of a convenient last minute excuse to take Eren down, which is kind of disappointing because the writting otherwise was pretty consistent.

*I mean, because If Eren is able to copy Titan abilities, then that basically means all titan shifters should be able to hoard titan abilities between themselves If they wanted to. Unless they want to say only the current host of the Founder and the Female titans can do it. Which was never stated so, again, comes across as a random excuse.

@rrolo1 I mean if the fireballs are big enough, oxygen can enter through the opening and subsequent fireballs in the vicinity will start a chain reaction. If you manage to mix hydrogen and oxygen, anything goes.

OHHHH SHITT! Can't wait for the next update, but I really wanted to know who is the father of Historia's baby. Anyway thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators.

remember when we all hated eren 😹😹😹 few characters have the ability to redeem themselves from annoying little craps like he did

@JianNg

Well ... No . Hydrogen and oxygen need to be very well mixed and in almost perfect ratios to have an explosion in RL .Sure, hydrogen and oxygen burn quite hot ( and with a almost invisible flame ... you could easily put your hand inside a hydrogen fire without noticing it ), but they do not explode together very well. ( source: my biochemistry degree and my stupid teen years where I made some hydrogen fires for the heck of it. Yeah, I was stupid :/ ) .

An hydrogen airship , even if ruptured, would a) not ignite spontaneously and b) even if caught fire it not explode until ( and if ) you had pretty much a 2:1 volume ratio of hydrogen/oxygen ( and as oxygen is just 21% of the volume of air, that gives a mix of a little less of 30% hydrogen with air ) , something that would only happen when the airship would almost likely already crashed in the ground due to lack of bouyancy.

The typical image people ( and most likely the author here ) have of airships going down is from the Hindenburg, that suffered from a very stupid mix of a inflammable fabric covering the airship with hydrogen inside ( that, to be honest, was meant to be helium in the original planning, but cuts were made ... ). The bright , smokey flames that were visible were actually the fabric burning, not the hydrogen :p Also , it happened already very near the ground, a phase where they actually forced air in ( to a separate balloon inside the structure ) to reduce bouyancy, something that actually helped the fire . A well built and not corner cutting airship flying to bomb something would most likely suffer nothing of the sort ...

Double-page supporter
@kassidy_
Uhhh I still hate Erin. Now he's being a stubborn prick, refusing to back down even with all his friends begging him to.

Aggregator gang
@kassidy_ I never hated him lol I didn't love him, but I accepted the fact he was there. I agree though, Eren ended up being a really interesting character in the end.

@tanukihat kek then they should use their newfound freedom to take him down eh?? Isn't it great the plot bends itself over backwards for Gabi...

Fed-Kun's army
He gave everyone freedom...
That includes himself...

He is free to continue...
They are free to stop him...

flying female titan, annie is gonna become a literal death angel! next chap is gonna be epic!

thank you translators for your hard work

so it's true that the kid eren is the one who's doing the rumbling. ngl but if rumbling didn't happen the war between countries here won't stop, sucks that they need to experience this before they realize to respect each other.

if ever they're going to kill eren hope that what he'd done won't be wasted.

now that i think about it eren didn't even try to stop them because they never posed a threat.

Users who are viewing this thread