Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 33 Ch. 134 - At the depths of despair

If they manage to stop Eren I at least hope that he already did huge damage,around half of their worlds population, so that his objective will be mostly met. If he did minimal damage and they stopped him, the author is a hack and should feel bad, because he only scared people a little bit, and 30 years from now everyone will keep hating Eldians and history repeats itself, that on itself might be good reference to how unjust the world is but a very unsatisfying ending.

People in this comment section are actually the dumbest motherfuckers on earth! Do you mfs are listening to what you're saying?

Dex-chan lover
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

Dex-chan lover
I know this sounds crazy but what if Eren is the father of Historia's child? I have several thoughts on why:

1. Eren will die as the martyr who united the world together for both human and titans, and if you think he is on a genocide route, then go re-read ch131, Eren can see the future, he saw the inevitable future had him leading the Titans, but, importantly, that never meant he couldn't have his allies try and stop him, hence why they were not brainwashed to not stop him. All he knew was it was inevitable he would lead the titans not that he would sit back and accept the fate of wiping 99.9% of everyone off the face of the Earth. Cmon people think, really.

2. While we were told by some high ranking officers, not by Historia, that the father of the child is that of some farm boy who in the past bullied Historia, but also whose face we never saw... cmon I am not buying something so contrived from a series that has not only deceived us multiple times, but also used every little or big scene to guide us to build ups that had surprising and emotional payoffs.

Their would be no meaning if the father was just anyone especially some no name who we didn't even see the face of. The most impactful choice for a big reveal is that the child's father being Erens.
Also, go back to chapter 130, this is the moment when he lays out the plan to Historia, is it not logical to think that they would just agree to have a child together, why is the no name farm boy more plausible here? If it was a titled character who we knew about, then I concede here, but bc it is a no name farm boy, I have the inclination to believe it's Erens.

3. He had a child with her knowing full well what his fate would be and wanted to leave something behind before he died. That might also explain why Historia looked so defeated and crestfallen when she was sitting in that chair pregnant. She knew Eren was never coming back to see their child, bc Eren told her everything and also to not say anything. She did so on the motive to not only protect the island, her people, but also because she is a "bad girl."

4. Furthermore, anybody else find it odd that she is about to give birth at the exact moment this final confrontation is occurring? My take here is when Eren dies it will be in that moment of death his titan (power(s)/being) will be transferred to the next birth citizen (I.E. his child). This idea is backed by how the Marley Country kept mentioning it when they were afraid of one of their titans dying, they said this to not only to instill the importance of not losing a titan in that moment but to foreshadow this exact moment coming up.

This is all just theory crafting, but as far as narrative conclusions go, I can see it happening. I would be satisfied if this is the direction the author is going... but we will see.

Double-page supporter
Damn it, don't tell me this is gonna be like a more brutal version of
Code Geass in the end
? shit nearly had me in tears.

i'm thinking that once eren is "defeated" he'll take the power of the titans away from the eldians making them equal, and using the time of rebuilding after the rumbling to erase all remaining hatred towards the eldian ppl. would be far better than just eren getting killed and the titan power remaining in the world....

Why can't Eren just use his founding titan powers to eliminate every eldian's ability to turn into a titan? Is this even possible? I keep thinking about it as it, besides the merciful killing/sterilization plan, as the final outcome but it comes to mind why, IF he had the ability to do so, he hadn't before. Would it be because the rest of the world would invade while the Eldian's were weakened, still believing that they were a threat?.... that may be why. The other possibility is that defeating Eren would lighten public reception of the Eldians b/c of the anti-Yeager squad. Buuut that doesn't really outweigh the carnage the rumbling has already done. God, I really have no idea how this'll end.

@yukake - it doesn't matter what Eren does. The entire world sees his race as an abomination and wants them eradicated. Diplomacy is a lost cause because everyone refuses to negotiate with the Eldians in the first place.

Eren's choice makes perfect sense, even if it's the most morally abhorrent.

The take away here is communication and diplomacy with people whom you perceive are your enemies must always be an option. If not, the only remaining option is violence.

@F00M I completely agree, I think this series foreshadows events way too much for it to not happen. Specially when in that one page historia was talking to Eren about "having a child", why would she ask that right after they had discussed Eren's future? It's pretty obvious, but I think what is most interesting is how Eren might not even get to see his child, so idk whats going to be "passed on".
This chapter was amazing though, what a cliffhanger

I'm excited to see how these last few chapters will look animated though it'll probably be a month or two before that happens.

It's gonna be another Lelouch ending, isn't it? I mean I was thinking that it was possible since Eren infiltrated into their country but now with seeing other characters' opinions on the matter, I feel like it's really gonna be another Lelouch ending.

Double-page supporter
Hold on. Couldn't they just wait for the Titans to pass while being above them with those zeppelins? Then they could land down the places those Titans passed and live there

Users who are viewing this thread